Poll, Bryant or Prater against Miami?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll, Bryant or Prater against Miami?

I think most of us hard-core fans have seen enough to make an intelligent decision on who is the better quarterback. Keep your answers short and to the point.

My vote is for Evan Prater to start against Miami.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

This is stupid. You saw Prater play against the 2nd and 3rd string of Kennessaw State.

Comment

Whomever CLF & Gino decide is the best option. I trust them to make the correct decision more than I trust myself or anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
        This is stupid. You saw Prater play against the 2nd and 3rd string of Kennessaw State.
        What I saw was a guy who could run. You can't teach "run". Why do you think Desmond Ridder was so good?.... it wasn't his outstanding passing ability. See how a one dimensional team (pass only) does against really good opponents.... it won't be good.

B.C.

Comment

Yes, Prater played against 2nd and 3rd string defense, but his surrounding cast was 3rd stringers for UC. To compete at the high levels, you need a dual threat QB. Bryant runs like he has lead boots on, and once he drops back the D knows they can fall back into full *** coverage. I think we can run the table for remaining games with either QB, but Prater is the future to compete in the Big XII. My vote is for Prater.

Comment

Bryant 1st half & Prater 2nd half

Comment

The worst thing is to have QB controversy, decide on one and go for it. My vote for Prater.

Comment

I don't know but I trust the coaches. I do know that UC's offense sucked for most of the 1st quarter yesterday and it was mostly on Bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post
                  Did we? I don’t know that. They may have been the starters for all we know. The offense just seems to be designed for a mobile QB. Prater is and Bryant is not.

Comment

Prater is my vote. I agree with Chris. You can't teach speed. His passing this year is noticeably improved. The more game reps he gets, the better he will get. Look at the progress that Ridder made thru his four years starting.

Comment

This is a stupid topic and a good way to chase Fick or Prater away by creating controversy where there is none. Our emotional opinion on this topic does not begin to compare to the evaluations of a great coaching staff who live with these guys every day. You are comparing apples and oranges based on the smallest of sample sizes. You are inferring that the great success of the recent years was despite our coaches ability to decide the depth chart. Personal preferences are fine but that has nothing to do with the educated reality of who gives us the best chance to win and second guessing the staff with a poll is just stirring up trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                        This is a stupid topic and a good way to chase Fick or Prater away by creating controversy where there is none. Our emotional opinion on this topic does not begin to compare to the evaluations of a great coaching staff who live with these guys every day. You are comparing apples and oranges based on the smallest of sample sizes. You are inferring that the great success of the recent years was despite our coaches ability to decide the depth chart. Personal preferences are fine but that has nothing to do with the educated reality of who gives us the best chance to win and second guessing the staff with a poll is just stirring up trouble.
                        I disagree RedDog. Many of us think that there was some sort of "deal" cut w/ BB to get him to return, when he may not be the better QB. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that BB has no run game (none, zero, nata), which is going to cost us against a team w/ a good secondary and pass rush. We should have beaten Arkansas, and had BB been able to run, we would have.

A little provocative discussion here is NOT going to chase away either QB.

B.C.

Comment

I trust the coaching staff

Comment

Bryant quarterbacked the Cats to a 42-3 lead when he came out. Not too bad. Prater looked great the relatively short time he was in there but the game was already decided. It’s a great problem having two good quarterbacks but I trust the coaching staff to pick the best players to be on the field. They know more then we do and their prior decisions have placed UC in the upper echelon of college football.
                            ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

I had season tickets when the Miami Hurricanes had their great run of QB's. Kelly, Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Torretta, Erickson... They had it set up so that each QB got 2 years to run their own show and it worked out well. If Ben gets 2 years then Evan will have 2 years left (if he uses Covid extra year.) Maybe Coach Fick has something like this in mind but regardless I trust him to make the right decisions.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X