Nippert Expansion Talks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nippert Expansion Talks

This first appeared in the Cincinnati Enquirer for subscribers only. It is now being reprinted in USA Today and still requires a subscription. I have heard interviews with Cunningham and he has said that there is no rush for expansion referring to supply and demand.
    Bearcats football selling out Nippert Stadium. Time to expand? (usatoday.com)

This something that was discussed at the last Coffee with Cunningham/ UCATS meeting . I meant to post something on it and forgot. This is not going to happen in the short term. They’re looking at a few years of Big 12 revenue before we get serious about it.

I personally like that because I don’t think we need to go into 90M of debt on a stadium expansion again like we did in 2015. That investment has been worth it but I’m not even sure The Athletic dept has even retired that debt yet.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What happens if/when UC has two 4-8 seasons back to back? I can tell you, 18K per game at Nippert. NO to any expansion until at least 10 years into the BIG 12.

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
        What happens if/when UC has two 4-8 seasons back to back? I can tell you, 18K per game at Nippert. NO to any expansion until at least 10 years into the BIG 12.

B.C.
        I am hopeful for more than 18,000, but agree interest will wane off if they become a loser in the Big 12. My hope for more than 18,000 is large student body and most graduating classes the past 15 years have seen great football as those folks get to point in life to have extra funds to purchase season tickets. You are right that interest will wane, but if teams win or are largely competitive, I expect 23,500 season tickets will have a long wait list quickly.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X