Southern Methodist 10/22 12:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Methodist 10/22 12:00 ESPN

The channel was announced as ESPN this morning. Hopefully they assign a good crew to the game. I'll be at the game barring complications so I probably won't have the luxury of decent stadium Wifi to post things during the game.

SMU is 1-1 in conference and 3-3 overall and has had a Jekyll and Hyde type of season after coming in with big expectations. They have beaten the schools they should beat in UNT, Lamar and Navy and lost to everyone else. Two of the three losses were on the road and the other was against a ranked TCU team at home in a rivalry game that wasn't as close as the final score indicated.

They throw the ball around a lot in a more than 2:1 pass run ratio. Tanner Moredcai has a good stable of receivers and is in the top 10 in the country in passing yards. Rashee Rice is the guy you have to defend in the passing game. He has almost 3 times as many yards and catches as the the rest of the WR corps and is probably going to be a guy who will play on Sundays. We will really have to play well on the back of the defense for get a W here. I don't expect we will get much in the way of a pass rush going. Mordecai gets the ball of quick and has only taken 6 sacks on the year.

SMU's defense might be a little suspect. TCU, Maryland and Navy each put 30+ points on them. If our passing game is clicking this will probably be a bit of a shootout.

As of now I have not heard a status on Ben Bryant after he went out late in the game against USF. I do not expect we will know anything about that until game time although they may release that info at the presser on Tuesday.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2567
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I hope Bryant is healthy and can play. I think that he has received some unwarranted and harsh criticism. The same people yelling the loudest for Prater, are the ones who complained the most about Des during the early years. Yes, Ben has made some mistakes but so has the entire team.

Comment

/has anyone heard more about a group of SMU players sitting out the rest of the season to maintain a year of eligibility before entering the transfer portal? It looks like one of the four played in game six (WR Roderick Daniels Jr), but can't find any info on the other 3.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...l-per-reports/
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I haven’t seen anything additional written down here about it. Cromartie was a starter early in the season I think.

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Throwing the ball might be a challenge on Saturday. It’s still a bit early to nail down the weather report but it’s expected to be 89 and windy with gusts up to 40mph. Hope Chuck and Corey are ready for a workload.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC a 3 point favorite, per ESPN.com listing

Comment

Much like Tulsa they have to get after the qb. We usually have no trouble scoring points against Smu.

Comment

Bill Connelly, the SP+ guru at ESPN plus has UC winning 33-27
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From the presser, Ben Bryant and Tyler Scott may or may not play on Saturday. Bryant has been in concussion protocol since the USF game.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hopefully we at least get Scott back. You could tell he was missing against USF...

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                      Hopefully we at least get Scott back. You could tell he was missing against USF...
                      Sprained ankle and yes I hope he can go to.

Additionally Corey Kiner is good to go so there's a plus. I didn't realize he was hurt.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is Metz done for the year or should we expect him back at some point?
                        If this is gonna be a run dominated plan due to the high winds, he would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                          Is Metz done for the year or should we expect him back at some point?
                          If this is gonna be a run dominated plan due to the high winds, he would be very helpful.
                          They are not releasing much infomation on Metz at all. I don't know that he's done for the year because they won't tell us.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From Omaha - no predictions but speak pretty highly on UC.
                            No. 21 Cincinnati aims to continue domination of SMU (omaha.com)

Comment

ESPN crew -- Mark Jones, Robert Griffin III, Quint Kessenich

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X