Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Bryant, -39 rushing yards this year, ugh…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Bryant, -39 rushing yards this year, ugh…

No way you beat really good teams with a quarterback who cannot run. Same boring plays throughout the game, constant runs up the middle, and of course once the running back doesn’t get the ball, the defense knows it will be a pass, as our QB cannot run.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

You can certainly win with a QB who don't run but he better be a able to put passes where they need to be to be catchable. BB just leaves to many passes either underthrown, or on the wrong side, especially on the side line routes. But winning is extremely more difficult if you keep doing the same running plays that are not efficient at sustaining drives. Try some sweeps, or fake some handoffs for passes in the backfield. We need some better plays for these running backs

Comment

Use the TEs more!! That’s the answer.

Comment

So much has been put on Mordecai of SMU as in the top five in yardage this year. Keep in mind that Ben has a higher percentage of completions than Mordecai and has identical TD vs INT. I do not think that it is so much about Ben but more so on play calling and game strategy. And to London Cat, yes use the TEs more as part of game strategy. Keep in mind that there were several dropped passes and the penalties that do not fall directly on Ben. The wind may have caused a problem with the passing game with 20-30 mph winds. The only reason that SMU was in this game was because of the penalties.

Comment

I cannot take this thread serious as the team stands 6-1, the offense averages 36 points a game with horrible penalties all around. The Bearcats are running a more pro style offense this year, and winning. Good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
            I cannot take this thread serious as the team stands 6-1, the offense averages 36 points a game with horrible penalties all around. The Bearcats are running a more pro style offense this year, and winning. Good enough for me.
            Could easily be 4-3 due to the lack of a mobile QB. Ben is an above average passer. Yep, there were some drops yesterday, but UC and any great team usually has a QB who poses a running threat. Look was Desmond did to defenses last year.

B.C.
            Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 10-23-2022, 10:41 AM.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

What’s our SOS?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                What’s our SOS?
                Depends on who you ask and what formula they use. There are links to several SOS rankers in this link:

https://fbschedules.com/college-foot...ason-rankings/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  No way you beat really good teams with a quarterback who cannot run. Same boring plays throughout the game, constant runs up the middle, and of course once the running back doesn’t get the ball, the defense knows it will be a pass, as our QB cannot run.

B.C.

You do realize that in college football the lost yardage on sacks count against the rushing total, right? He gets sacked a decent amount, usually by a late delayed blitzer.

I get your point. He doesn't run well and probably shouldn't but I don't think he needs to worry about his rushing totals. McClelland and Kiner and Montgomery can handle that. Heck we even ran a TE Jet sweep by accident yesterday.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Interesting that the AAC has the toughest schedule outside of the power 5. As the AAC currently stands, it is a pretty good conference that gets overlooked. Ask any power 5 fan such as tosu and they will not even be able to tell you what conference UC is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Could easily be 4-3 due to the lack of a mobile QB. Ben is an above average passer. Yep, there were some drops yesterday, but UC and any great team usually has a QB who poses a running threat. Look was Desmond did to defenses last year.

B.C.
                      Last season Desmond Ridder had his lowest rushing attempts, yards per carry, and overall yards because he was using his other weapons similar to what Bryant is doing now. Using the dangerous weapons around him, and allowing Kriner, Montgomery, and McCelland to run the ball. This offense does not need the QB carrying the ball 10-15 times a game.

Comment

Last season Desmond Ridder had his lowest rushing attempts, yards per carry, and overall yards because he was using his other weapons similar to what Bryant is doing now. Using the dangerous weapons around him, and allowing Kriner, Montgomery, and McCelland to run the ball. This offense does not need the QB carrying the ball 10-15 times a game.
                        I agree with you in part. UC doesn’t need a QB carrying the ball 10-15 times per game. It needs the threat of a QB carrying that many times per game. Bryant simply does not provide that for the team. Prater provides that threat. I’m not suggesting he replace Bryant. But they do need to insert him situationally to keep defenses guessing.

Comment

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. Before the season started, coach stated there were going to be plays designed for Prater and he was going to be a meaningful part of the offense. Obviously, there has been none of that. We are 6-1 with the now winningest coach at UC still at the helm. He and the other coaches miss time with family, probably have no time for friends during the season, spend more hours thinking about and evaluating all things UC football than probably any of us do with our jobs, and at the end of all of that, they have determined 99.8% Ben Bryant is the right way to go. I can't argue with that. The only thing any of us really know about Prater is 1) he is a hometown guy, and we Cincinnatians are very loyal to our hometown guys, 2) he was our highest rated recruit at the time, 3) he runs well, and 4) he has handled this whole thing with unwavering class. He is a legend after probably less than 30 snaps from scrimmage in his time here, but he hasn't actually earned that status. And yet, a bunch of us, myself included, have clamored for him to get more snaps. I don't understand why Prater isnt playing, but then coach doesn't understand the work I do either, and he is not telling me how to do my job. I want Prater to be a meaningful and active part of this team on Saturdays, but we are 6-1 with a new quarterback, a rookie offensive coordinator, and 9 guys gone making massive checks this year after moving to the NFL. It is good to be a Bearcat...even when I don't understand the decisions made.

Comment

CJ Stroud doesn't run either, and he might win the Heisman and get drafted first.

Comment

Sacks count as rushing yards in College.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X