Navy 11/5 4:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy 11/5 4:00 ESPNU

Navy, the team no one wants to prepare for.

Stop the FB dive, win the game. If you can't stop the dive, it will be a long day. Cats defense will have to be on its assignments all day without mental errors. Navy is 3-5 overall with all 3 Ws in conference. They are in the middle of the pack in the conference standings at .500 in league play.

This years Navy team throws a bit more than usual from what I've noticed from earlier in the year. QB Tai Lavatai runs the show for the Midshipmen. He has about 100 attempts in the passing game this season with slightly less than 50% completion rate. The fun thing is the pass yards per play is about 19 yards because it's always a surprise when they throw the thing over the top. When they put in Arline at QB to rest Lavatai, it's always a run.

The diver this year is Daba Fofana at FB. He leads the team in rushing attempts and yards but only averages 3.7 ypc. He's the short yardage chain mover.

Stat to keep an eye on is time of possession. Navy will completely eat the clock up if you let them, limiting UC's possessions. This almost means that UC has to score slowly or the defense will wilt from being out there forever.

For UC, the long ball should be in play if everyone's healthy but you want to maintain possesion to rest the D. The offense needs to click in this game and I'd prefer a fast start. You can not play from behind against Navy. We have superior talent but that doesn't matter against Navy if you let them control the clock. I think you'll see UC take the ball if they win the toss in this one and try to score first.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2426
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2022, 10:19 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

A few other games on the schedule concern me for the rest of the season, but not this one. Other than the 500+ yard shellacking we took a few years ago, we have handled Navy well. We already played one Triple Option team this year. I honestly think we will be ok on this one. Our defense holds their assignments well.

Comment

Just so the defense does not give them 45 yards of penalties on their last drive of the game for a potential game winner.

Comment

I've got a pair of tickets for this one if someone needs extras.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I've got a pair of tickets for this one if someone needs extras.
          Anddddd they’re gone
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Anddddd they’re gone
            Hey Brent - did you just give them away? I'm still sitting on Navy tix/parking, but if I can't cover the cost I can give them to one of my tennis group.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Hey Brent - did you just give them away? I'm still sitting on Navy tix/parking, but if I can't cover the cost I can give them to one of my tennis group.
              I forgot I still had them and threw them on Stubhub at face value and they were gone in 20 minutes.

There's less then 250 tickets available for the game on secondary and it's a sellout.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

You should have asked for more. I sold mine for double face value and they were gone quick too

Comment

Not sure this deserves its own thread, so here you go: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...t/69619116007/

A University of Cincinnati football player has been suspended following his arrest Thursday on three charges of sexual imposition.

Mario Eugenio, 19, of Clearwater, Florida, is accused of smacking the buttocks of other people while riding around on a Bird Scooter on campus. Court documents state he smacked three different people on three separate occasions during September and October.

The charges he faces are misdemeanors.

"The University of Cincinnati Athletics Department announced on Friday that Mario Eugenio has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest," the university said in a statement.

Comment

There was a story about that trend (not Mario) on the news a couple of nights ago. The women interviewed thought that their world was coming to an end because they got slapped on the butt. I am not condoning this behavior but back in the 70s-80s, there were a whole lot worse behavior that was just laughed at. I remember a streaker running across the football field during my high school graduation.

Comment

The road grader is back. Metz will start. Welcome back Lorenz.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Forget everything I said about Lavatai because he’s not playing .

Arline will start and he does not pass
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Clock management at the end of the half was curious at best. 3 timeouts and let almost a minute off the minute fifty to go by without using one, then punted on 4th and one.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                            Clock management at the end of the half was curious at best. 3 timeouts and let almost a minute off the minute fifty to go by without using one, then punted on 4th and one.
                            that was either incompetent clock manage or a mistrust of the quarterback.
                            My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

So the only good thing here was a "W". Offense left after the first half. Defense rose to the occasion but were burned on a couple of runs and a couple of passes. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic facing Tulane. They are having their storybook year. Oh yeah. Welcome back Lorenz Metz

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X