Mario Eugenio suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Eugenio suspended

Several outlets reporting that Mario is suspended indefinitely after an arrest for sexual imposition. He was caught slapping peoples butts while riding around campus on a Bird scooter.

I’m not sure where to start here….
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...t/69619116007/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

does it look like he will transfer? It appears he needs CLF.

Comment

Dude just threw away probably $100,000 in education and benefits plus who knows how much more in NIL stuff, plus his entire reputation for the momentary thrill of patting strangers on their backside a few times. Unreal. On the positive side, UC used to have someone in trouble with the law every month or so. It has been a long time since one of the players in the major sports has crossed the law bad enough to make the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
          Dude just threw away probably $100,000 in education and benefits plus who knows how much more in NIL stuff, plus his entire reputation for the momentary thrill of patting strangers on their backside a few times. Unreal. On the positive side, UC used to have someone in trouble with the law every month or so. It has been a long time since one of the players in the major sports has crossed the law bad enough to make the paper.
          If he leaves UC, which we don't know how CLF handles such problems, some other school will pick him up. A good year at a school far away from UC will bring in NIL. I also wonder how the AD will handle it and the President. Will they have a major influence on CLF? Regardless, this was just stupid and not just a kid having fun. If it happened over a period of time, why wasn't it reported when it happened. Would like to hear his side though. I wonder if a misdemeanor merits dismissal or just a suspension.

A side note is I doubt he will get a NIL from Bird Scooters, but you never know.

Comment

Remember the very good RB, DeMarco McCluskey??... charge w/ rape and tried, and found innocent. He had the courage to come back to UC, and finished with a great senior year.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
              Remember the very good RB, DeMarco McCluskey??... charge w/ rape and tried, and found innocent. He had the courage to come back to UC, and finished with a great senior year.

B.C.
              He was innocent. The trial has not been for Mario so we don't know. Does the administration at UC want good PR for a safe campus? I hope justice is done and if guilty, punishment that fits the crime, but a second chance under proper guidance. Will young people accept that though? If innocent or the charges are dropped , I still think proper guidance is necessary. I suspect that CLF has good, quality supervision, but sometimes things happen. If he was touching people, it is worse than hitting a horse.

Comment

We have not seen Fickell have to deal with a public case like this. There have been internal issues like Tavion Thomas but no one's made the police blotter under Fickell that I'm aware of. Should be interesting to see how this is handled.

Don't expect the AD or staff to say anything about this until the case is heard or settled.

I don't want to say this is harmless becase it isn't and someone he smacked obviously got upset about it. However, I have to think this is more of a Tik Tok trend thing rather than actual malice on Eugenio's part and if I'm right this will get dismissed, settled or pled down to something like community service.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I don't want to say this is harmless becase it isn't and someone he smacked obviously got upset about it. However, I have to think this is more of a Tik Tok trend thing rather than actual malice on Eugenio's part and if I'm right this will get dismissed, settled or pled down to something like community service.[/QUOTE]

It made the start up page for Microsoft using the Enquirer with video. Not to change the subject, but since he is the highest rated defensive recruit, why hasn't he even played a down even in mop up.

Comment

^^Why do you want to waste a year of eligibility during mop up time?

I do believe that riding electric scooters and slapping behinds is a trend. I hope that the justice system does not come down really hard on him to set an example to others. From the news, there has been a lot of this around campus.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      ^^Why do you want to waste a year of eligibility during mop up time?

I do believe that riding electric scooters and slapping behinds is a trend. I hope that the justice system does not come down really hard on him to set an example to others. From the news, there has been a lot of this around campus.
                      because you can play up to four games without losing your red shirt and that is great experience. Plus, one would think the highest rated defensive recruit would have earned playing time as a frosh. -- If there has been a lot of this slapping around campus, just because others are doing it, doesn't make it right. Bret, I wonder how many others have been arrested and if they have, that should have been a deterrent to a FB player doing it. I understand they are young and thinking they are having fun (which they are obviously), but these days touching others is often not seen as a prank. We don't know how hard the slap was or if he was told to not do it. --- Regardless, I still wonder why he has not played a down. Is it CLF's policy or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

because you can play up to four games without losing your red shirt and that is great experience. Plus, one would think the highest rated defensive recruit would have earned playing time as a frosh. -- If there has been a lot of this slapping around campus, just because others are doing it, doesn't make it right. Bret, I wonder how many others have been arrested and if they have, that should have been a deterrent to a FB player doing it. I understand they are young and thinking they are having fun (which they are obviously), but these days touching others is often not seen as a prank. We don't know how hard the slap was or if he was told to not do it. --- Regardless, I still wonder why he has not played a down. Is it CLF's policy or something else.
                        The team does have some pretty good DL players on the roster - Taylor, Corelone, Potter, Briggs, Phillips, maybe others I am missing. Maybe because he is a freshman, he hasn't broken through into the rotation. Maybe it was the coaching staff's plan to redshirt him in any event. Maybe he is injured. Maybe his practice efforts are not up to snuff. All speculation on my part, but there must be a reason he has not played.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The team does have some pretty good DL players on the roster - Taylor, Corelone, Potter, Briggs, Phillips, maybe others I am missing. Maybe because he is a freshman, he hasn't broken through into the rotation. Maybe it was the coaching staff's plan to redshirt him in any event. Maybe he is injured. Maybe his practice efforts are not up to snuff. All speculation on my part, but there must be a reason he has not played.
                          I can see what you said, but he can play 4 games before he loses the red shirt. I am just wondering why the highest rated d recruit has not played one play. It seems odd. Has any other true frosh played any this year.

Comment

I can see what you said, but he can play 4 games before he loses the red shirt. I am just wondering why the highest rated d recruit has not played one play. It seems odd. Has any other true frosh played any this year.
                            Corleone is the youngest guy out there a a redshirt freshman in the DL rotation. No true freshman has seen the field on D except JQ Hardaway to my knowledge
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I heard HC LF say one time this year that he likes to keep the true Freshmen out in case they are needed later in the season.

Starting with the Navy game, there were 5, maybel 6 games left in the season (four regular season games, maybe the AAC championship, and a bowl game). So there is time for all of them.

One of my favorite stories is of Ty Van Fossen in the Military Bowl. Because UC was so short of LBs he played that day (and well); the first game of his career.

From gobearcats website - "2018: Made his UC debut in the Military Bowl vs. Virginia Tech with a critical PBU when the Hokies had the ball on UC’s 10-yard line…Redshirted".

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X