Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unhappy Rant; the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy Rant; the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Folks, I am just calling it like I see it....

1. Take away the long TD run and two long TD passes, and UC would have lost 25-13 tonight.
    2. BB is at best, an average MAC QB. Should be starter for E. Michigan again this year, or BGSU.
    3. ECU had 120 yards more than us.
    4. Thank goodness we now have a FG kicker.
    5. This team, had it been in the Big 12 this year, would have been the Rutgers of the league. Perhaps 1 or 2 wins.
    6. Let's hope in two years, if we don't excel in the Big 12, and we only have 15K fans per game at Nippert, we don't long for the days of ECU and Tulane coming here.
    7. Time to let Evan Prater have some serious game time. BB simply cannot move this team.
    8. The AAC was very weak this year. Next year will be tough.
    9. Safeties usually occur when there is no room to work.... like when the ball is on the 1 yard line, not the 9.
    10. Ugliest win I have ever seen UC participate in in 35 years. Ugly, ugly, ugly!!

B.C.
    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 11-12-2022, 08:43 AM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Evan came in with the ball on the 5-yard line and did not move it. He had a lazy run and then a sloppy pass knocked away. I get your frustration, I have it too. A few too many bad passes and a couple too many dropped passes. Not using the skill players on the field. Need to get Taylor and Wylie more involved. Quit targeting the same receiver over and over. Need better play calling - ON THE COACHES and not Ben. The O-line finally gave Ben time today and it still resulted in not a whole lot. Like I said before, dink and dunk for 5-8 yards a play and we would have marched down the field. This team is difficult to watch but I will not give up on them. Ridder and Gardner were right in front of us and my wife said, "wouldn't it be nice if Des could suit up and play?" Yes, it would have been if it were Des of the past two years. However, I remember many on this forum that moaned and groaned about Ridder in his early years. Memories are short and we all remember just the last two great years. I remember the old days where we could not get 1,000 fans in the stadium even when tickets were free, and the faculty tried a coup to eliminate the football program entirely. Sit back and relax Chris because this team is what it is. It is not just the QB, it is the O-line, the receivers, the backs, the defense AND the coaching this year.
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-12-2022, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I agree that Bryant is not the caliper of QB that could excell in the B12. But in today's atmosphere and lofty expectations of winning football games, the staff decided Prater was not ready this year to consistently win games. He may not be the QB to do it next year either but we didn't have the luxury of grooming Prater this year because of said expectations. Let's not forget that for decades UC football was a stepping stone to better opportunities, and its going to take keeping CFL happy here and winning football games consistantly to make this school a destination for players to come here. Now getting nine players in one class into the NFL with many excelling is just one step in the right direction. CLF does not have the luxury of having back ups that he can plug in and be as just as good as first teamers. I will concede also that better play calling is desperately needed and I've said in past posts that Gino was not ready and a change needs to be made before jumping up next year. Plus I don't understand the senseless, stupid and many times costly penalties this year's team is com-
      mitting and why the staff is not commenting on this issue. And finally let's not under estimate the lame duck
      situation and the emotions that come with it. ECU would have loved to be the school that busted UC's home record and send them out of the AAC and into the B12 with a good ol A$$ whoopin'. It was an ugly loss last night and BB over / under throws his targets way too much. But when he does make good throws the receivers must make the catch. This move to the B12 is not going to be a cakewalk it's going to take some work still. Let's just sit back and watch coach work

Comment

All great points Rufus. We’re 8-2 and could’ve been 10-0 with a little better play. CLF and staff are best we have ever had. Gino need some seasoning, but he’ll get better I’ll take
        where we are, going at Temple next week

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Folks, I am just calling it like I see it....

1. Take away the long TD run and two long TD passes, and UC would have lost 25-13 tonight.
          2. BB is at best, an average MAC QB. Should be starter for E. Michigan again this year, or BGSU.
          3. ECU had 120 yards more than us.
          4. Thank goodness we now have a FG kicker.
          5. This team, had it been in the Big 12 this year, would have been the Rutgers of the league. Perhaps 1 or 2 wins.
          6. Let's hope in two years, if we don't excel in the Big 12, and we only have 15K fans per game at Nippert, we don't long for the days of ECU and Tulane coming here.
          7. Time to let Evan Prater have some serious game time. BB simply cannot move this team.
          8. The AAC was very weak this year. Next year will be tough.
          9. Safeties usually occur when there is no room to work.... like when the ball is on the 1 yard line, not the 9.
          10. Ugliest win I have ever seen UC participate in in 35 years. Ugly, ugly, ugly!!

B.C.
          1. A bad take big plays are part of the game, and swing momentum.
          2. No one has rised above his play yet. Maybe give Lichtenberg a shot.
          3. Oh well a Win is a win.
          4. Only point that is agreeable upon.
          5. Never will know, but I bet they would be bowl eligible, and in the conversation for a Big XII championship slot.
          6. Doubtful. The caliber of play, and recruit will go up.
          7. He couldn't punch it it from the 3 against an AAC team. Also almost threw a pick , but luckily got batted down.
          8. The AAC is exactly what it has been since inception just different bad teams this year.
          9. Horrible sack, had two receivers open.
          10. Ugly wins are beautiful wins.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X