Temple 11/19 4:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 11/19 4:00 ESPNU

ESPN is listing this game at 4:00. I'm not sure that's actually been announced yet.

Personally Owl be happy to get this one over with. This is the last time we have to play in Philly and based on previous games there, this will be interesting. Temple is 3-7 and 1-5 in conference but they've gotten better recently and almost knocked off Houston this past weekend. The 3 wins are against Lafayette, UMass and USF. I'm tempted to look up their strength of schedule numbers.

The attrition of the roster after the dismissal of Rod Carey have left Temple very young and to be honest, I don't recognize a single name on their roster. They are led by QB EJ Warner, RB Edward Saydee and WR Jose Barbon. Warner has 2300 yards passing this season so they will throw the ball around a bit. They're not terribly balanced on offense Pass to run ratio is about 2.5:1

Owl be disappointed in the UC defense if we can't make a better defensive showing than Houston did against them. I don't think we'll have an issue doing that. Should be a W barring something crazy.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/218

Meow
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

You are not the only one HOOOOO will be glad to elimate Philly as a destination. "Interesting" is not how I would describe some of our games there.

Comment

Well, that’s a hoot. EJ Warner is Kurt Warner’s kid
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPNU announcers: Noah Reed, Rene Ingoglia (?)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          ESPNU announcers: Noah Reed, Rene Ingoglia (?)
          Not familiar with Reed. Ingoglia is pretty good on the analyst end. We've had him several time over the last couple of years on the U
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sunny and 42 around game time, with temps dropping as darkness sets in before half time. Winds don't seem to be high or an issue either.

Let's go Bearcats! This is a team we should beat in prep for the Tulane game. No looking ahead, let's take care of business.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Painful offensive play calling…..try a play action to Whyle on 4th & goal……reminded me of Pete Johnson in SB 16.

Comment

Great throw by Bryant there

Comment

Prater getting his chance. 1 good pass and several Bryant like plays. Not sure why we aren't running the RPO for him which is his strength. Be interesting to see if he settles down in the second half and whether the staff calls a different game plan for him or asks him to run the same offense as Ben which I think would be a mistake.

Comment

The play calling and clock management is awful.
                    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Prater was limping after the final play. I don’t know how severe that was but Lichtenberg might be in play here.

Ben Bryant got kicked in the foot on a play they could have called tripping on and missed.,
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                        The play calling and clock management is awful.
                        I agree on the play calling - no immagination.
                        Clock management was very conservative to protect Prater just entering the game. I would hope it would be different for Bryant or later for Prater.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I agree on the play calling - no immagination.
                          Clock management was very conservative to protect Prater just entering the game. I would hope it would be different for Bryant or later for Prater.
                          Good point.

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Bryant is getting worse as compared to the start of the season, Prater was not convincing either. Now we realize how good was Ridder. With good QB the score should have been 49-6.

Comment

Prater did not have much zip to his throws, but I thought he did OK, but not great. We all have to remember this was really the first playing time he’s had since coming to UC. He did seem to get more comfortable as the game progressed.

Still can’t believe that Navy beat UCF.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X