Post Mortem, Fenway Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Mortem, Fenway Bowl

1. We get 4 turnovers and we probably didn't get but 30 yards total gain from them.
    2. Was optimistic about the game until the end of the first quarter.
    3. 127 yards to their 419 yards of offense is a joke.
    4. Prater is too easy to tackle. Of course, not having two good TE's in there to block really hurt.
    5. Louisville was bigger and faster.
    6. Great game by Ivan "The Great" Pace.
    7. Very worried about the next couple of years. Have seen it before. Mark my words, UC "Johnny-Come-Lately" Fans will abandon ship as quickly as they came on board. Back to 15K by mid-season next year.
    8. Let's hope I am wrong.

B.C.
    Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 12-17-2022, 03:58 PM.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Well, based on the performance today, I tend to agree with the rapid decline in fan support. But, many of those fans had already abandoned ship after Fickell left. Maybe Satterfield can keep it together long enough to recruit some players and restore confidence. I predict a long couple of years but hope to see progress.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
      Well, based on the performance today, I tend to agree with the rapid decline in fan support. But, many of those fans had already abandoned ship after Fickell left. Maybe Satterfield can keep it together long enough to recruit some players and restore confidence. I predict a long couple of years but hope to see progress.
      IN portal and player development we hope. Surely LF had developed a young TE knowing the seniors would be gone.

Comment

We had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation until Fickell left. UL was even better in the recruiting rankings. I do not see doom and gloom as many of you do. We did not have many strong supporters of the program in the 80's and 90's and did not grow fan base because of our product on the field. however, we have the students from the BK years and we have the students from the Fickell years. Those are or will be long-time Bearcat football supporters. Bearcat football will be okay. We may struggle a year or two, but I do not think that will affect fan support. Sure, those that came out because it was a fashion statement may leave but there are more die-hards than the Johnny-come-lately fans. Quit your crying and get behind this team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          We had one of the best recruiting classes in the nation until Fickell left. UL was even better in the recruiting rankings. I do not see doom and gloom as many of you do. We did not have many strong supporters of the program in the 80's and 90's and did not grow fan base because of our product on the field. however, we have the students from the BK years and we have the students from the Fickell years. Those are or will be long-time Bearcat football supporters. Bearcat football will be okay. We may struggle a year or two, but I do not think that will affect fan support. Sure, those that came out because it was a fashion statement may leave but there are more die-hards than the Johnny-come-lately fans. Quit your crying and get behind this team.
          We on this board are behind this team.... what my personal concern is that I know how "Fickell" (pardon the pun), many UC FB fans are. I hope we have a great season next year, but I do know and firmly believe that once the team stops winning, like it has for most of the last 15 years, the fans will back away. UL was a very good team today, better than their 7-5 record.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

U of L seemed in higher spirits. Afterall, they got a local hero big ten coach coming. Our guys don't have the same expectations. It is up for Coach Satt to restore the Spirit after LF left.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

IN portal and player development we hope. Surely LF had developed a young TE knowing the seniors would be gone.
              He didn't but that guy is Metayer is he stays put. Kid can play.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Post mortem article ($) https://theathletic.com/4011694/2022...ti-louisville/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X