Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper perspective - why I love KC

Forget the past and be a Bearcat
    "What should be remembered about this team, particularly those finishing their careers, those men have given (the younger players) a demonstration on how to be a man and how to be a champion,” Coombs said. “How to fight, scratch and claw. They came back and they fought. They had three one-score losses during the course of the regular season. All they did was keep showing up every day and working for each other. It was always about the team. Those kids have given the younger players something to live up to -- in their manhood, how to conduct yourself and how to be a real man and Bearcat. I promise you this, I will count these two weeks as two of the greatest weeks of my life. To be able to have the opportunity to stand with them and fight with them, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Didn't go the way we wanted. These are men's men, and it was a privilege."

He also said how well the Cardinals were coached.

On to being a real "TEAM"

KC is a class act. I wish for his sake and the guys who stuck it out the game would have been more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmann View Post
      KC is a class act. I wish for his sake and the guys who stuck it out the game would have been more competitive.
      As do I, but we have new leadership coming in. The team felt deserted both from the hired staff and senior players. Looking forward to turning the page.

Comment

There is a whole different atmosphere in Louisville. There is optimism because the hometown hero is returning. In Cincy there is a feeling of betrayal and an unknown future. Give it time.

Comment

Maybe in 8-10 years, Gino will return as a hometown hero after having a successful stint as HC somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            Maybe in 8-10 years, Gino will return as a hometown hero after having a successful stint as HC somewhere.
            My thoughts, but there might be someone else or then again maybe Coach Satt will make this his destination job.

Comment

One thing was very obvious and that was that Coach Satterfield left Louisville in much better shape than Coach Fick left the Bearcats.

Comment

Originally posted by CatCane View Post
                One thing was very obvious and that was that Coach Satterfield left Louisville in much better shape than Coach Fick left the Bearcats.
                Yes he did and while LF wanted "the better job", Coach Satt might have felt the longing for the hometown hero to come. It had to be a lot of pressure. Will taking over for LF have the same pressure. I am sure it will be with some especially if he doesn't win big in the next couple of seasons. It remains to be seen and Coach tatt deserves the benefit of doubt now. - Some major NIL contributions too.

Comment

KC stayed twice to coach an abandoned team. I appreciate that. I hope that our new coaches learn something from him but I also hope that he learns something from them. He has worked for many coaches, and I hope that he is able to learn the best from all of them and create the best version of himself. I was also thinking why I love UC. I participated in the Olympic sports at UC, three of them (all related) which meant that I was training year-round and traveling for weekends 9 months of the year with conference championship events taking up nearly a week during classes and most of the time during finals weeks. I remember workouts so tough that my legs wobbled on my walk back down the hill to my apartment. I remember times that I vomited because of the workouts were so rough. I know that there are others on this forum that participated in less glamorous sports, pep band, marching band, heck, we may even have a Bearcat on here. We grew up through the system when the basketball team struggled, and the football team was downright awful. Through it all, we still attended the games whether they were down at the Coliseum or at the Gardens or at the beginning of the Shoemaker Center that was for basketball. Then for football, we had to spend time down at Riverfront to maintain our Division 1 status. The Olympic sports had to clean up after our football games at Riverfront to help pay for our uniforms. I know that there are others on the forum that share similar stories. We love UC because we worked our way through campus life, we sweated, cried, and cheered so many aspects of UC sports. We have seen our basketball team rise again to the national conversation; we have seen our football team rise to the CFP. We will always love UC and we will always come back. I know that it is easy to bash our coaches or even the kids playing the sport and some dreaming of moving backward to easier conferences. I know that this is frustration because we have reached high levels, and some do not believe that we will be able to obtain that kind of success. I believe that we will be relevant in all sports moving forward. We have had champions on our Olympic sports teams, we have won two basketball championships which is two more than nearly all other universities. I am a Bearcat and all of you are too. Let's continue to get behind our teams. <rant ended>.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X