Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TQL buys naming rights to field at Nippert Stadium

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...d/69853122007/

Total Quality Logistics has reached a multiyear deal with UC to purchase naming rights of the field at Nippert Stadium, investing millions in the athletic department to help build a permanent indoor practice facility.

Terms of the deal, announced Monday by TQL and the university, are not yet known. But athletic director John Cunningham said the deal helps UC reach the $80 million mark in its $100 million capital campaign to build the practice facility and make other upgrades needed for the Bearcats to be ready to begin play in the Power Five conference later this year.

TQL is allowing all the historic stadium’s names to remain the same. UC’s football venue will continue to be called Nippert Stadium, and the playing surface will remain Carson Field. The field is named after Arch Carson, who helped to start football at UC in 1885 and build the facility in 1901.

TQL logos will be placed on the Nippert Stadium turf on the 25-yard-line on each side of the field. The company’s logo also will be on the on-field suites, which were added last season in the north end zone.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...pjpg&auto=webp
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-30-2023, 03:51 PM.

UC’s release:

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/1/3...rtnership.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was happy to read this in the Enquirer article; "TQL is allowing all the historic stadium’s names to remain the same. UC’s football venue will continue to be called Nippert Stadium, and the playing surface will remain Carson Field. The field is named after Arch Carson, who helped to start football at UC in 1885 and build the facility in 1901."

God bless TQL, because I didn't need my head to explode on a chilly Tuesday morning.

Comment

Is this an oxymoron? They purchased the rights to the field but the playing surface will remain Carson Field? And the venue is either Nippert Stadium or TQL Stadium at UC (so we don't get totally confused with the soccer venue in the West End?? I know we need the money but really????

Comment

TQL is run by a UC alum. He wanted to donate to the program but also wants to keep the traditional names of the field and the stadium. Plus, with the MLS venue also bearing TQL's name, it won't get confusing. That's my take on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Thought this was interesting from the bottom of the release "About Cincinnati Athletics" -- Olympic gold medalist volleyball player Jordan Thompson, NBA Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson and Major League Baseball legend Sandy Koufax are among the several luminaries who have competed as Bearcats.

JT is a legend and one of the all-time great Bearcats but we're listing her ahead of the Big O (and Sandy Koufax for that matter)?

Comment

Different topic but there's someone who needs her number on the wall at 5/3 . How has that not happened yet?

As ar as TQL goes. I think they did this right. A field logo and lots of signage and advertising going into a new conference without disturbing the history of the place . This might be a nice return on investment for TQL since the football program is basically entering new TV markets for them.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I really like this sponsorship. It is subtle, keeps Carson Field at Nippert Stadium, and gets us a lot closer to reaching the 100 million capital investment mark for facility upgrades. Classy. If I ever need logistics solutions, I'll start with TQL because of this.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

BizJournal Article: (~$)

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...source=twitter
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I like it. Carson Field name remains - CHECK, Nippert Stadium name remains - CHECK, more revenue - CHECK.

Comment

Wow! What a classy move by TQL. This sort of thing is basically unheard of...unless I just haven't heard of it.

Comment

Great contribution & signage versus changing Nippert's name. Class act & a great alumni.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X