2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs Pac-12

3. Cheez-It Bowl vs ACC

4. TaxAct Texas Bowl vs SEC

5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs SEC

6. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big Ten

7. Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl vs Pac-12

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

I'm liking the locations but I'm probably one of the only ones. I can drive to 3 or 4 of these without a stop.

Speaking of which, the Guaranteed Rate Bowl is in Phoenix at Chase Field . (Copper Bowl) and the Cheez It Bowl is in Orlando at Camping World Stadium. (Citrus Bowl). The Independence Bowl is still in Shreveport at LA Tech.
    Last edited by Lobot; 05-21-2023, 08:40 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm excited to see the Liberty Bowl. New Year's Eve in Memphis on Beale street is not too shabby!

Comment

These bowl names…..sell your soul for a buck bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          These bowl names…..sell your soul for a buck bowl
          I for one, miss the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl. Or even the Bitpay Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sadly, as greed is so rampant, individuals will be sponsored some day. “Hi there, I’m Bill, brought to you today by Nabisco.” Stadiums, field/court surfaces, entrances, replays,….I’m surprised there aren’t more straight up team names like the Red Bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
              Sadly, as greed is so rampant, individuals will be sponsored some day. “Hi there, I’m Bill, brought to you today by Nabisco.” Stadiums, field/court surfaces, entrances, replays,….I’m surprised there aren’t more straight up team names like the Red Bulls.
              Imagine how much dough USF could get if they changed their name from the USF Bulls to the USF Red Bulls? Remember, everything now in college FB is about money, and I suspect that we aren't too far from names like this happening.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Imagine how much dough USF could get if they changed their name from the USF Bulls to the USF Red Bulls? Remember, everything now in college FB is about money, and I suspect that we aren't too far from names like this happening.

B.C.
                USF needs to do something to raise cash. Their Board of Trustees today is talking about building a new $340M on campus stadium. https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...ampus-stadium/

Comment

Good News Everyone! (Futurama voice)

The title sponsor for the game in Orlando is now officially the Pop-Tarts Bowl. There were two Cheez-it Bowls so I think this is a win win.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 05-31-2023, 02:34 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Good News Everyone! (Futurama voice)

The title sponsor for the game in Orlando is now officially the Pop-Tarts Bowl. There were two Cheez-it Bowls so I think this is a win win.
                    Interestingly, the Mayor of Dayton declared today as Cheez-It Day https://www.daytondailynews.com/what...K7QCER65I5EQI/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X