Evan Prater moved to WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Prater moved to WR

Evan Prater has moved to WR and is running with the 1’s.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

This is a terrific solution to utilizing his athletic ability and getting him on the field. He can make plays at WR and help the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
      Evan Prater has moved to WR and is running with the 1’s.
      I'm all in favor of Prater agreeing to switch to WR. He's athletic and has good size.

Do you have a source for this? I've seen such rumors, but nothing solid.

Comment

Great move for him & the team.

Comment

He would be great to utilize in the wildcat formation.
          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
            I was thinking this same thing, use Evan creatively vs just a WR

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
              Or even fake handoff to him and let another RB/WR throw the pass, if defense is looking for Evan to throw. Nonetheless, having two QBs on the field together is not a bad thing. Evan has matured quite a bit and has respect of his teammates. More leadership is good.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Very happy to hear this move has come to fruition. It was pretty apparent last season that Evan didn't have the attributes to be a future pro at QB.

Hopefully he can maximize his ceiling as a player with a position change as many other athletic QBs have done over the years.

Comment

CSS confirmed that Prater officially is a WR, per Justin Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    Solid. Glad he's into the move versus hitting the portal... I suggested moving him to WR earlier this offseason and that suggestion was criticized ;-)

From Scott Springer's article on Cincinnati.com:

“He’s a great player, he’s very athletic. We’re trying to find a way to get him on the football field,” Satterfield said. “This spring, his shoulder was bothering him, he couldn’t throw like he wanted to. I was like, ‘Is there a way we could get you on the field at wide receiver?’ He said, ‘Let’s do it!’ because he wants to play. Since he moved, it’s been awesome. He brings great size, and great athleticism.”
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 07-13-2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                      I confirmed it a month ago. I’m excited that Evan is finally going to get on the field. It’s also disappointing because Satterfield was supposed to be so good at developing athletic quarterbacks.
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Prater on Twitter: Love this team and the city of Cincinnati [black heart emoji] It was hard to put the pride and ego aside, but I want to do whatever I can to help this team! Appreciate all the love and support from y’all [red heart emoji] #GoBearcats

Comment

@jwilliamscincy: Hometown guy Evan Prater, in first media session since QB 👉 WR switch, says transferring was never an option from #Bearcats: “All I wanted to do was get on the field and help the team any way I could. … I was always Cincinnati through and through.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            @jwilliamscincy: Hometown guy Evan Prater, in first media session since QB 👉 WR switch, says transferring was never an option from #Bearcats: “All I wanted to do was get on the field and help the team any way I could. … I was always Cincinnati through and through.”
                            I like this guy more and more every day. I hope that he is so successful this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I like this guy more and more every day. I hope that he is so successful this year.
                              yeah. he's taken so much **** from the fanbase, relative to the whole ben bryant circus (which the conspiracy nut in me still thinks was a setup), but this kid is still here, and showing his true bearcat self. i guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I hope he comes out swinging, and has a great year.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X