Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Media Days - July 12 and 13

https://big12sports.com/news/2023/6/...d-trapper.aspx

The two-day event will be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Wednesday, July 12 and Thursday, July 13.

ESPNU and Big 12 Now on ESPN+ will provide television coverage beginning at Noon CT on Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. CT on Thursday.

Attendees:

Cincinnati
    QB Emory Jones
    DB Deshawn Pace
    DL Jowon Briggs
    DL Dontay Corleone

I'm a bit surprised they didn't add one more member of offense. I get we have bigger stars on defense.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Emory looks to be our starting QB

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
        Emory looks to be our starting QB
        I was just coming here to post that
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I guess it’s somewhat logical, even if there’s a battle going on, that you’d send the senior, but I’d love to see UC establish a QB that has 2-3 years of potential starting time. Our strengths are likely to be defense & running back and if we’re thinking we could go 6-6 or thereabouts, I suspect we could do it with Dragosh just as well as Jones. I’m basing this on video and stats on both, just one fan’s perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            https://big12sports.com/news/2023/6/...d-trapper.aspx

The two-day event will be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Wednesday, July 12 and Thursday, July 13.

ESPNU and Big 12 Now on ESPN+ will provide television coverage beginning at Noon CT on Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. CT on Thursday.

Attendees:

Cincinnati
            QB Emory Jones
            DB Deshawn Pace
            DL Jowon Briggs
            DL Dontay Corleone
            three of the four are local, cincy guys - i hope CSS and the gang can get back into recruiting the local guys

Comment

2023 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
              1. Texas (41), 886
              2. Kansas State (14), 858
              3. Oklahoma (4), 758
              4. Texas Tech (4), 729
              5. TCU (3), 727
              6. Baylor, 572
              7. Oklahoma State (1), 470
              8. UCF, 463
              9. Kansas, 461
              10. Iowa State, 334
              11. BYU, 318
              12. Houston, 215
              13. Cincinnati, 202
              14. West Virginia, 129

Comment

I call BS on us at 13 and on Texas at 1.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So if I am looking at the schedule and preseason poll correctly:

UC plays the preseason #3 team at home and does not play #1, 2, 4 or 5 ... and they have winnable road games against #11, 12, 14

Comment

I think it's more likely we end up around #8/9 than 13... but with half of our team unknowns and the new coaching staff it's completely up in the air really

Comment

Honestly, I was not surprised by the ranking. Unfortunately, I think it is accurate. Folks on here keep speaking of going 6-6. I wish I had that optimism. I am thinking 4-8. It is definitely clear the media is not too high on this year's team. I hope they (and I) are wrong.

Comment

With Jones pegged as the starting QB tells me that this year's version is maybe going to be run oriented which is not a bad thing in our inaugural year. As noted above our strength is defense coming in so if CSS can cultivate a strong run scheme until we get some passing chops we could end up anywhere from the middle of the pack to 14th. I just hope if we do end up in the lower half that all the games are all very close hard fought dogfights.
                        Last edited by Rufus; 07-07-2023, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                          With Jones pegged as the starting QB tells me that this year's version is maybe going to be run oriented which is not a bad thing in our inaugural year. As noted above our strength is defense coming in so if CSS can cultivate a strong run scheme until we get some passing chops we could end up anywhere from the middle of the pack to 14th. I just hope if we do end up in the lower half that all the games are all very close hard fought dogfights.
                          If we're run oriented we're going to have to be Navy in terms of clock control and sustain drives or we might actually go 4-8. UC will get run off the field in the Big 12 with the Air Raid offenses at almost every school.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

If we're run oriented we're going to have to be Navy in terms of clock control and sustain drives or we might actually go 4-8. UC will get run off the field in the Big 12 with the Air Raid offenses at almost every school.
                            Most air raid offenses need a bit of time to get routes completed and QB to go through progressions. While our secondary may be young, I think they will be greatly aided by the multiple disruptors on the defensive line. Still don't see us in top half, but a few defensive stops, and sustained drives should keep most games close enough to be in striking distance.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Today is the day... well, and tomorrow

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X