2023 Season Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Season Predictions

We haven't done a good prediction thread around here in a while. I usually stay out of these but those who like this stuff, what's your take on the schedule and W-L totals? As always, we'll revisit these during the season post mortem thread.

And...Go
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I’m more optimistic than most. 7-5 regular season. Probably lose in a bowl game to finish 7-6.

Comment

This is really going to be a tough season for predictions. The defense should be solid but could be under a lot of stress. First, the B12 is full of excellent offenses. Plus, the Bearcats' offense is unpredictable right now. There are ten new starters, with an offensive line that has to gel. Scoring could be a problem.

That said, here's my best shot at it:

EKU: W, but it won't be as easy as 2022 when the Cats routed Kennesaw State. The Colonels really score.
      @ Pitt: L. UofL beat the Panthers last year, 24-10, but that was at home in Week 7. UC still will be untested early.
      Miami: W. Redhawks will have difficulty scoring.
      OK: W. The Sooners are not a juggernaut. They'll be better than last year, but not dynamic. Close call.
      @ BYU: L. Short rest at altitude against a respectable squad.
      ISU: W. Homecoming at the Nip. Cyclones have key roster issues after the gambling suspensions.
      Baylor: L. Aranda will have the Bears rebounding.
      @ OK State: L. We're not ready for this one yet in Stillwater.
      UCF: L. Not enough offense to keep up. Cats will keep it close but fade late.
      @ UH: W. Holgersen.
      @ WV: W. Mountaineers have issues.
      KS: W. Jayhawks will be decent, but not strong enough at Nippert on Senior Day.

Final regular season record: 7-5

Comment

There is too much unknown and too many new, moving parts. I want to see it differently, but I see us ending at 4-8. Very much hope I am wrong.

Comment

I'm wishful thinking that Emory Jones get's back to his Florida form where he was a 1st round mock draft guy. With that said I see 6-6 or 7-5.

EKU - W - Just too much size speed and strength but they can score.
          Pitt - W - Huge swing game on the schedule. Can go either way.
          Miami - W - Miami offense will struggle greatly.
          OU - L - Feed off the great energy at Nip but a little too much offense from OU.
          BYU - L - Tough one. Similar teams. BYU has the home field edge.
          Iowa State - W - Iowa State has lost a ton and in flux with the gambling situation.
          Baylor - W - UC rides the energy of Nip to a big win.
          OSU - L - Better team and on the road equals a loss.
          UCF - L - Defense keeps it close but not enough offense.
          UH - W - Just think Houston is gonna struggle.
          WV - W - See above.
          Kansas - L - Little too much offense for the Jayhawks.

Comment

EKU - Win
            Pitt - Win
            Miami - Win
            Oklahoma - Win
            BYU - Loss
            Iowa St - Win
            Baylor - Loss
            Oklahoma St - Loss
            Central Florida - Loss
            Houston - Win
            West Virginia - Win
            Kansas - Win

Comment

I'm just waiting to get our new aggressive defense up against Dillon Gabriel again in that Oklahoma game. That will be interesting.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I'm just waiting to get our new aggressive defense up against Dillon Gabriel again in that Oklahoma game. That will be interesting.
                Dillon Gabriel is to football as Diego Guevara is to basketball - great player loved by his own fans and hated by everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Dillon Gabriel is to football as Diego Guevara is to basketball - great player loved by his own fans and hated by everyone else.
                  That's perfect. He's also somewhat immobile.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That's perfect. He's also somewhat immobile.
                    UC’s d-line has an opportunity to wreak havoc on immobile QBs. Hopefully, they live up to expectations.

Comment

I'd almost like to see the D hold back a little until this game and not give them any tape.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Too much has changed to make an accurate prediction. The first two or three games will tell us a lot. I would be happy with six wins and a bowl bid in Satterfield's first year.

Comment

For those journeying to Stillwater for the OSU game stop in at Eskimo Joe's for a burger and a beer/cocktail

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                            For those journeying to Stillwater for the OSU game stop in at Eskimo Joe's for a burger and a beer/cocktail
                            Yep. I'm trying to make to that one but not sure if I can. That place is legendary in OK.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Oh man...Diego Guevara! I thought I was the only person who remembered that dude. Couldn't stand him yet respected him at the same time. I did find his love for his wife pretty great even though it scorched me every time the camera showed her and him having their long-distance love moment after a big play. Definitely loved despising that guy back in the day!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X