Historic Nippert Stadium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Nippert Stadium

A congressional caucus has listed Nippert as a stadium that should be updated and I guess, preserved.

I wonder if this means the university might get some money from the federal government to update it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...l-cotton-bowl/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    A congressional caucus has listed Nippert as a stadium that should be updated and I guess, preserved.

I wonder if this means the university might get some money from the federal government to update it.

Hopefully but I fear that they will designate it as a national historic landmark which will prohibit any future improvements or expansion.

Comment

lets start some crap on a friday - would that include removing the FCC cutouts on the south corners?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Hopefully but I fear that they will designate it as a national historic landmark which will prohibit any future improvements or expansion.
        I was thinking the same thing but I don't think that's what that caucus is trying to do here. I'm not even sure why the caucus exists to be honest. Seems like a group of people trying to throw money at a problem that doesn't exit in the case of Nippert. BUt hey if they want to give UC money for upgrades, I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't come with strings attached like the HIstoric Landmark designation.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

lets start some crap on a friday - would that include removing the FCC cutouts on the south corners?
          Haha. I don't like the cutouts but that probably needs to stay put. The Mardy Gilyard into the stands event could have been a huge disaster for both the kid he landed on or Mardy and the team. UC probably dodged a huge bullet there.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was thinking the same thing but I don't think that's what that caucus is trying to do here. I'm not even sure why the caucus exists to be honest. Seems like a group of people trying to throw money at a problem that doesn't exit in the case of Nippert. BUt hey if they want to give UC money for upgrades, I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't come with strings attached like the HIstoric Landmark designation.
            About 20 years ago, Cincinnati City Hall went through the same process. The required renovations were meant to restore the building to its original design. Lots of HVAC pipes and vents, electrical and data wiring that had been placed along the ceilings in the hallways and offices was all removed.

Comment

Choose your cliche on this one.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. Or, beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

What I see is two Congressmen, one from Louisiana and one from Wisconsin, trying to get bucks for their respective schools (LSU & UW), and throwing some other stadiums and schools into the mix for good measure to mask their objective.

An alarm went off for me when they mentioned "security". Nippert is in the middle of campus; can you imagine cordoning off the stadium for "security"?

No thanks; how about we try cutting the national debt down a trillion dollars or so (or 30!) before we go about spending more on fun and games.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                Choose your cliche on this one.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. Or, beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

What I see is two Congressmen, one from Louisiana and one from Wisconsin, trying to get bucks for their respective schools (LSU & UW), and throwing some other stadiums and schools into the mix for good measure to mask their objective.

An alarm went off for me when they mentioned "security". Nippert is in the middle of campus; can you imagine cordoning off the stadium for "security"?

No thanks; how about we try cutting the national debt down a trillion dollars or so (or 30!) before we go about spending more on fun and games.
                I think you nailed it. There have been some break ins at other stadiums in recent years. I think Kyle FIeld at A&M has had a couple and so has LSU. Nippert is totally different animal since it's open all the time. No need to secure it really.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X