Least Talented QB in 50 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Talented QB in 50 years!

I started following UC FB in 1974, my freshman year at UC. We have had many good QB, but E. Jones is the worst passer we have had in those 50 years. We could have been competitive in the game tonight, and perhaps won a couple of others, but he simply cannot pass, and why CSS continues to play him defies logic to me. Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    I started following UC FB in 1974, my freshman year at UC. We have had many good QB, but E. Jones is the worst passer we have had in those 50 years. We could have been competitive in the game tonight, and perhaps won a couple of others, but he simply cannot pass, and why CSS continues to play him defies logic to me. Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

B.C.
    Time to at least try to develop a QB with game experience. The score can't be worse than yesterday's.

Comment

There in lies the rub. If Satterfield and his staff believe EJ
      gives the best chance to win, then apparently there is no one else in the room that can be developed. That speaks not only to the recruiting the past couple years but to the coaches and to the faith in the staff of being capable of developing a QB. This current staff has no history of developing QB's even when they were all together at the last place. And if EJ has any eligibility left we are going to be stuck with this dude for another year. We need to find some people fast that want to be here and that includes the coach and his staff. Watching this team drop balls, get under and over thrown, only have just two or three receiving threats, that none can get open with no QB threat play uninspired. bland, generic, and predicable football is too brutal to watch any more. I'm predicting the Bearcats to be the basement dwellers in the big12 for the unforeseeable future.

Comment

Did you see the article describing the QB room at Louisville during Satterville’s 4 years at Louisville? There’s some questions about his ability to manage the position group. This season makes the 4-8’s across the last few
        coaches seem like good seasons. This year is less about talent gap-although there’s clearly a
        gap-than leadership/coaching. I suspect we are limping along until the optics of replacing Satterville becomes palatable. What a shame.

Comment

My wife told me today that there is a go-fund-me page out there to raise the money to get rid of Satterfield. I do not know if it is for real or not. However, after every game like yesterday, the calls get louder and louder.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            My wife told me today that there is a go-fund-me page out there to raise the money to get rid of Satterfield. I do not know if it is for real or not. However, after every game like yesterday, the calls get louder and louder.
            Under ordinary conditions I would go along with those saying "Take it easy-give the man a chance (to get his players, etc.). However, my wife and I left the Baylor game at the start of the 4th quarter when it seemed to me that the people in the stands around us seemed to be more enthused/interested in the outcome than did the players on the field. Watching the OkSU game it looked like they decided one half was all that they had an interest in. I have no idea how the remainder of the season will go - but I find it hard to believe there will be great (any?) success unless the team decides that they really want to play as hard as they can for 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Under ordinary conditions I would go along with those saying "Take it easy-give the man a chance (to get his players, etc.). However, my wife and I left the Baylor game at the start of the 4th quarter when it seemed to me that the people in the stands around us seemed to be more enthused/interested in the outcome than did the players on the field. Watching the OkSU game it looked like they decided one half was all that they had an interest in. I have no idea how the remainder of the season will go - but I find it hard to believe there will be great (any?) success unless the team decides that they really want to play as hard as they can for 60 minutes.
              so much for the players meeting.

Comment

I just went through the entire media guide looking for a career QB Rating stat so I could figure out whether this thread title is correct. I need something more advanced than the media guide apparently
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I just went through the entire media guide looking for a career QB Rating stat so I could figure out whether this thread title is correct. I need something more advanced than the media guide apparently
                  Art Bailley didn't set the world on fire in the mid 70s

Comment

Emory looked like a reach from the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                      Emory looked like a reach from the jump.
                      well I said that and was told sour grapes because he was committed and didn't go to tOSU. They got Justin Fields instead. I was basing it on how I watched him play at his other two schools.

Comment

From the very beginning of the season it was noticable that the reason Satterfield pegged EJ as starter is because he needed and wanted a QB that would not excell in an offensive scheme that was not creative, was bland, basic, and boring. You could see that EJ was not playing to win but was only trying to manage generic game plans. EJ has no passing finesse, can't "drop" passes nor able to put passes in small places with any power. He's strictly a running threat who will go down before he gets tackled because he knows as QB he's somewhat protected.
                        Last edited by Rufus; 10-30-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

While I am also frustrated and perplexed by a lot of what we are seeing this year, I don't think it is fair to suppose the Bradys are somehow not good quarterbacks. I know CSS keeps saying EJ gives us the best chance to win, but that has to be correct from a logistical standpoint. He has been QB1 since he arrived. That means the vast majority of practice with the Ones since Spring has gone to EJ. The Bradys have not yet had the opportunity to develop further. That means they are, almost by definition, less ready, but it does not also mean they are worse quarterbacks necessarily. If time could be rewound and one of those guys got the same number of reps AND struggled as much as EJ, then we could say that. I am really looking forward to seeing them get dedicated time next year. Also, we can't fault the prior coaching staff as it is clear they knew how to recruit and develop players. I just don't think we should dismiss the Bradys when they have not yet gotten a real shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Not a fan of Emory Jones…but if Bearcat Chris is gonna toss out random claims…let’s at least provide some evidence for these claims.

Chad Plummer 1176 yards, 45% Comp, 6 TD, 10 INT (12 games starter)
                            Adam Hoover 655 yards, 51% Comp, 3 TD, 6 INT (5 games starter)
                            Emory Jones 1600 yards, 59% Comp, 13 TD, 9 INT (8 games)
                            Dustin Grutza 1600 yards, 60%, 9 TD, 13 INT (12 games)
                            Munchie Legux 1716 yards, 52%, 13 TD, 9 INT (11 games)

And then there have been a bunch of spot starters who were pretty bad: Chazz Anderson, Colin Carey, etc.

I get being frustrated at the play of Emory…but at least be honest and accurate when making such bold claims.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

Not a fan of Emory Jones…but if Bearcat Chris is gonna toss out random claims…let’s at least provide some evidence for these claims.

Chad Plummer 1176 yards, 45% Comp, 6 TD, 10 INT (12 games starter)
                              Adam Hoover 655 yards, 51% Comp, 3 TD, 6 INT (5 games starter)
                              Emory Jones 1600 yards, 59% Comp, 13 TD, 9 INT (8 games)
                              Dustin Grutza 1600 yards, 60%, 9 TD, 13 INT (12 games)
                              Munchie Legux 1716 yards, 52%, 13 TD, 9 INT (11 games)

And then there have been a bunch of spot starters who were pretty bad: Chazz Anderson, Colin Carey, etc.

I get being frustrated at the play of Emory…but at least be honest and accurate when making such bold claims.
                              I go back to UC hard times. Yes in the 70s we had Bodine and Danny Barrett but look at Art Bailey. The team hardly threw the ball. Saying that, I am now used to better football and I hate to see the blowouts.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X