Defensive Coordinator opening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Coordinator opening

Bryan Brown to Ole Miss https://247sports.com/college/cincin...iss-225231222/

BB played at Ole Miss from 2003-2006 and previously was a GA there

serious question: can kids enter the portal, if a coordinator (not the head coach) leaves? another kick in the nuts, to try to get some continuity back to this program

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
      serious question: can kids enter the portal, if a coordinator (not the head coach) leaves? another kick in the nuts, to try to get some continuity back to this program
      I don't think that applies but the timing couldn't be worse. At least Brown is going home. I'd be pissed about this if it were anywhere else but Ole Miss.

So if we promote from within, you have Braswell, Coombs, Fuqua and Stewart available. Coombs is the only one with DC experience here to my knowledge.

If they don't hire from within, I hope Satterfield knows someone with experience with our current defensive scheme, otherwise the spring portal window is going to be interesting.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not a joke…Rick Minter?

Comment

Not a joke........ Anybody but Coombs!

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post
            Not until the spring portal opens
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Brown did an amazing job at Louisville. But especially towards the end of last season, UC didn’t have any defense at all. The way they gave up rushing yards in spades against WVU and Baylor were embarrassing. And the blowout to Oklahoma State was painful to watch. The defense was supposed to be the strength of UC’s team last year and I could not have been more disappointed in the performance. JMO.

Comment

Justin Williams: Some early possible names to watch for the Cincinnati DC position, in no particular order: Greg Gasparato, Nate Woody, Scot Sloan, Chad Staggs, Colin Hitschler, Mike Mickens, Spence Nowinsky, Dale Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Justin Williams: Some early possible names to watch for the Cincinnati DC position, in no particular order: Greg Gasparato, Nate Woody, Scot Sloan, Chad Staggs, Colin Hitschler, Mike Mickens, Spence Nowinsky, Dale Jones.
                  The Enquirer mentioned Jim Leonhard. Does he get mentioned with every opening I wonder. Would CSS hire him knowing that he is a Head Coach in waiting.

Comment

I don’t think this is a bad thing. Obviously you want continuity on your staff, but 2023 was a horrible year for the bearcats defensively mentioned. Change came be a good thing, I really hope they don’t promote from within, we need a fresh approach to our defense. One final thought, why would Brown leave for a DB position when he has a coveted DC position in a power 5 conference. Here’s hoping Coach Satt hires the right guy

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                      I don’t think this is a bad thing. Obviously you want continuity on your staff, but 2023 was a horrible year for the bearcats defensively mentioned. Change came be a good thing, I really hope they don’t promote from within, we need a fresh approach to our defense. One final thought, why would Brown leave for a DB position when he has a coveted DC position in a power 5 conference. Here’s hoping Coach Satt hires the right guy
                      He's Co-DC for an SEC team now. He also played at Ole MIss and grew up in Mississippi . He went home.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
                        Not a joke…Rick Minter?
                        Wish we could get his son... but he's already got a better gig. I hope he gets a look for HC here when Satterfield doesn't work out anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

Wish we could get his son... but he's already got a better gig. I hope he gets a look for HC here when Satterfield doesn't work out anymore
                          I wanted him last season and many said no HC experience. Heck he would bring his dad as an advisor. His defense was top notch at Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I wanted him last season and many said no HC experience. Heck he would bring his dad as an advisor. His defense was top notch at Michigan.
                            Jesse will have a better HC job by then
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Jesse will have a better HC job by then
                              I want him as HC and not DC. UC is a great school for a start - look at the history after Minter's dad was here. It is a good stepping stone, but I would love for it to be a permanent stop.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X