Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitt—who comes to Nippert in September—slotted at #13 in preseason ACC poll

Miami U first in the MAC poll
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 08-05-2024, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Cincinnati Football to Recognize 2008 Team Against Pittsburgh on Sept. 7

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/8/1...on-sept-7.aspx

The team featured nine all-conference players and dozens of future NFL draft picks, including Mardy Gilyard, Tony Pike, Jason and Travis Kelce, Connor Barwin, Kevin Huber, DeAngelo Smith, John Hughes, Derek Wolfe and Mike Mickens – among several other stars.

I question the "dozens of future NFL draft picks" but a fun team nonetheless. Armon Binns was on the squad too.
      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 08-19-2024, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Real reason Miami-UC rivalry is ending..... At the breakfast at Camp Higher Ground, they told us Miami wanted a "Big 12" payout to play UC, not the customary $150K or so that we have paid for all these years. Not sure how much they wanted, but it was a BIG increase. Wasn't going to happen, so the series will end.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Real reason Miami-UC rivalry is ending..... At the breakfast at Camp Higher Ground, they told us Miami wanted a "Big 12" payout to play UC, not the customary $150K or so that we have paid for all these years. Not sure how much they wanted, but it was a BIG increase. Wasn't going to happen, so the series will end.

B.C.
          So they basically wanted to be treated as a P5 buy game and still play at their place? How about no.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
            Any idea how much they get from their Big 10 beat downs? They get a MAC payout because they are (wait for it), in the MAC.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Any idea how much they get from their Big 10 beat downs? They get a MAC payout because they are (wait for it), in the MAC.
              I'm thinking between 750K and 1.25M.

I get it. They need to fund their program or drop to FCS. Considering how many times they've been on the watch list for D-1 demotion over the years, it's a financial decision on their part. Tradition be damned I guess.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Houston game is at 12:00 on FS1. Which is interesting becuase this was originally on ESPN+
                Last edited by Lobot; 09-09-2024, 06:57 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Houston game is at 12:00 on FS1. Which is interesting becuase this was orginally on ESPN+
                  either way I get to dvr it as I must attend a grandkid's birthday party. They call me Grandpa Patrol

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X