Brady Drogosh switches to LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Drogosh switches to LB

Per Bearcat Journal, Brady is moving to defense.

https://twitter.com/BearcatJournal/s...umU-GPKBA&s=19

here is video of Satterfield talking about the position switch

https://twitter.com/Knickoson42/stat...pI__B8Etg&s=19
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

In this day, you’d think a QB getting switched out might lead to the portal …

Comment

Well, the portal did just re-open…….

Comment

I watched a lot of film on him, his arm is legit. I don’t know anything anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          I watched a lot of film on him, his arm is legit. I don’t know anything anymore.
          Per Chad Brendel, Drogosh had not demonstrated an ability to throw with touch. He was running #4 behind Sorsby, Lightenberg, and Jones.

Comment

Tyson Veidt did this with Joel Lanning at Iowa St and turned him into an all-conference player as a senior after he switched post junior season. . He’s now a GA at ISU.

https://cyclones.com/sports/football...l-lanning/1595

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We've seen TEs and O linemen switch with great success at UC and beyond. The QB in high school is usually athletically a beast. I hope Brady enjoys the new position

Comment

Not sure about this move. When you recruit a 4 star QB, you owe him the chance to play there. He should have been one of our rising stars in that room. This is one reason the portal is just not good for teams and can be bad for recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                  Not sure about this move. When you recruit a 4 star QB, you owe him the chance to play there. He should have been one of our rising stars in that room. This is one reason the portal is just not good for teams and can be bad for recruiting.
                  He wasn't going to play. CSS stated that he didn't want Drogosh standing next to him with a head set on the entire season. He wants him on the field because of his athleticism. They're working Drogosh out at LB and expect him to play on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                    I agree the Portal is great for players in situations like this. The previous staff recruits Brady D and was one of a handful who re-committed to Satt, but he was fourth on depth chart behind a 3 star felow recruit, a freshman 4 star recruit, and transfer QB who was a 4 star recruit. If you're 4th on depth chart at UC (not exactly QB University) and see former QB Evan Pryor showing a great attitude after moving to WR, perhaps he likes UC and just wants to contribute. He still may choose to transfer, and we will wish him the best pursuing his dreams. He should've been one of the rising stars, and has a cannon for an arm with unpredictable accuracy. Until he chooses the Portal, let's get behind him agreeing to switch positions.

Comment

My intuition tells me that that Drogosh committed to UC and not to Fickell and Gino. I think he stayed committed to Satterfield because of that.

I have to admit this makes me wonder about Gino’s QB talent evaluation skills a bit though.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I agree the Portal is great for players in situations like this. The previous staff recruits Brady D and was one of a handful who re-committed to Satt, but he was fourth on depth chart behind a 3 star felow recruit, a freshman 4 star recruit, and transfer QB who was a 4 star recruit. If you're 4th on depth chart at UC (not exactly QB University) and see former QB Evan Pryor showing a great attitude after moving to WR, perhaps he likes UC and just wants to contribute. He still may choose to transfer, and we will wish him the best pursuing his dreams. He should've been one of the rising stars, and has a cannon for an arm with unpredictable accuracy. Until he chooses the Portal, let's get behind him agreeing to switch positions.
                        the term is "team player" - everyone wants to be the star qb, but, at least he's open to it. guys like him and EP, enough good things can't happen to them

Comment

Travis was a high school QB. Goodman was a high school QB. Prater was a high school QB. I am sure that there were others. I agree with others, you find a way to get the athletes on the field. Oh, Conner started off as a tight end.

Comment

I wonder if he has experience playing LB. Perhaps in high school? In any event, I admire him for making the switch. If it does not work out for him, there is the transfer portal. Hopefully, his athleticism will allow him to succeed with the change of positions.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              Travis was a high school QB. Goodman was a high school QB. Prater was a high school QB. I am sure that there were others. I agree with others, you find a way to get the athletes on the field. Oh, Conner started off as a tight end.
                              Don't forget Travis Kelce was originally recruited to play QB as well.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X