No announcement yet.

Big XII Football Beat '24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado coupled a few moments of brilliance with plenty of underwhelming spells during last night's 31-26 win over North Dakota St.

Shedeur and Travis Hunter look as dangerous as any duo in college football right now, but their run game was non-existent, their pass rush was inconsistent, and their pass coverage left a lot to be desired.

Well-balanced teams should put up lots of points on the Buffs just like last season.

Comment

NDSU is a great D1-AA football school, but they lacked the speed of a good D-1A team. Colorado is a team UC can beat.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Carthage World View Post
        Colorado coupled a few moments of brilliance with plenty of underwhelming spells during last night's 31-26 win over North Dakota St.

Shedeur and Travis Hunter look as dangerous as any duo in college football right now, but their run game was non-existent, their pass rush was inconsistent, and their pass coverage left a lot to be desired.

Well-balanced teams should put up lots of points on the Buffs just like last season.
        I don't think too many B12 defenses are going to let a receiver split a two-deep with neither safety picking him up. That 69-yard TD was avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I don't think too many B12 defenses are going to let a receiver split a two-deep with neither safety picking him up. That 69-yard TD was avoidable.
          I want to make a Big 12 defenses vs Air Raid offense joke here and it's not coming to me..
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you're looking for a conference game to watch tonight. TCU is out west at Stanford at ....checks notes.. 10:30pm. Despite this being FBS on FBS, TCU should walk away with this one.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big 12 Week 1 - Only two losers Houston and WVU. The WVU was to be expected. Current Power Rankings in the Big 12: Big 12 Power Rankings - Week 2 (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                If you're looking for a conference game to watch tonight. TCU is out west at Stanford at ....checks notes.. 10:30pm. Despite this being FBS on FBS, TCU should walk away with this one.
                I was wrong on TCU although they won. .. And Houston pretty much got stomped by UNLV who hasn't been good in a long while in football. Houston was picked to finish last in the conference but to be honest I did not expect them to lose this game at home.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sorsby was named the Big 12 Newcomer of the week.

Comment

Week 2. Here's your scoreboard starting with one on Friday that might be sneaky good in BYU at SMU. There's a couple of conference games (?) on the docket but all in most of the BIg XII has decent non conference opposition this week. I'm trying to figure out if the Baylor at Utah was scheduled before Utah joined the conference. Anybody?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oard/_/group/4
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

BYU went into Dallas and eked out an 18-15 Ugly Bowl win over SMU. The Mustangs have been less than stellar early in the season.

Comment

Week 3 scoreboard

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oard/_/group/4
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big XII week 3 overview and Chaos meter from the Athletic this morning ($)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/576...ackyard-brawl/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kansas doing weird things on the revenue front.

https://kuathletics.com/news/2024/9/...rtnership.aspx
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Tonight's Arizona St at Texas St matchup is going to be sneaky good. I think this might be the first time a a P(anything) team has visited San Marcos. Texas St. fans showed out at SMU last year and sold out SMU's stadium for them.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Utah, who is currently the highest ranked Big XII team, will start a first time starter at QB against Utah St today. Cam Rising, of the 8th year senior Cam Risings, injured a hand against Baylor last week. There was some rumor that he was already applying for a 9th year but that was probably satire.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X