Godfather out indefinitely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfather out indefinitely

This stinks but I’m really glad they caught this in time.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/6/2...l-illness.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

YIKES!!!! Hope he is okay.

Comment

Get well! Football is below secondary.

Comment

Let's wish him well. He is the best player at UC, and the highest paid NIL player.

B.C.
        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Wow. So glad they found this early. Old timers here may remember what happened to Frank Buncom of the Bengals.
          Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

Kudos to Dontay for speaking up when he knew something didn't feel right. Also, I love his quote. This kid really seems to get it. I wish him nothing but the best, and a speedy recovery.

Redshirt Junior Defensive Lineman Dontay Corleone
            "I am incredibly grateful to my family and for Aaron Himmler, Dr. Jon Divine, our whole medical staff and the University of Cincinnati Medical Center for guiding me through this over the last few weeks. Right now, I'm focused on my recovery. My hope is I will be able to return to football soon, but in the meantime, I will do everything I can to rehab and help the football program as a leader and mentor to our younger players. I'm looking forward to being around the guys soon. The sky is the limit for the Bearcats this season. I love my teammates, our coaches, this university, this city, and – of course – this fanbase, which has been incredibly supportive of me over the last three years."

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              Wow. So glad they found this early. Old timers here may remember what happened to Frank Buncom of the Bengals.
              I sure do remember. It was terrible.

Comment

Trey Smith while at the University of Tennessee missed some time with blood clots and went on to a career on the OL with the KC Chiefs; David Andrews, center on the New England Patriots also had the same condition and successfully resumed his career - both are still playing. When he has a chance, DC should reach out to these guys and inquire about their treatments, recovery processes, etc., just to get some insight as their experiences.

Comment

Thank goodness they caught it early. I hope he makes a speed recovery and if possible play football again. I really enjoy his positive toward his situation and want only the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                    Trey Smith while at the University of Tennessee missed some time with blood clots and went on to a career on the OL with the KC Chiefs; David Andrews, center on the New England Patriots also had the same condition and successfully resumed his career - both are still playing. When he has a chance, DC should reach out to these guys and inquire about their treatments, recovery processes, etc., just to get some insight as their experiences.
                    That's very good advice. Let's hope he does that not just to get back on the field but to get back to being healthy.

Comment

Get well soon young man!
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Dan Hoard tweeted out a video of Dontay wearing a yellow non-contact jersey at practice, but notes he was active in most drills and there is "strong optimism" Dontay will play this season/hopefully early this season.

Comment

CLEARED to play https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/9/3...-in-games.aspx

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X