Roster Cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Cap

The Athletic is reporting that the conference commisioners are considering a roster cap of 105 for football. No details on how that would be divided. The limit was expected to be lower so a lot of coaches seem to be ok with this. ($)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/564...se-settlement/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

During a meeting Tuesday, power conference commissioners finalized new roster-size limits that pave the way for athletic departments to distribute millions of dollars in new scholarships to athletes in, most notably, football, baseball and softball. Conference officials with knowledge of the figures spoke to Yahoo Sports under condition of anonymity.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nca...164300598.html

Not mentioned here but I think basketball may increase to 15 from 13

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      During a meeting Tuesday, power conference commissioners finalized new roster-size limits that pave the way for athletic departments to distribute millions of dollars in new scholarships to athletes in, most notably, football, baseball and softball. Conference officials with knowledge of the figures spoke to Yahoo Sports under condition of anonymity.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nca...164300598.html

Not mentioned here but I think basketball may increase to 15 from 13
      It's 15. From Dellenger

On Tuesday, commissioners finalized roster limits that’ll be filed Friday in House settlement, sources tell
      @YahooSports
      football 105
      M/W basketball 15
      baseball 34
      softball 25
      volleyball 18
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Official and you may want to look at the graphic in this story because it includes all NCAA sports. so there's a jump in MBB, WBB, Baseball, etc. as mentioned above

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-college...210542040.html
        Last edited by Lobot; 07-27-2024, 05:10 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

It's 15. From Dellenger

On Tuesday, commissioners finalized roster limits that’ll be filed Friday in House settlement, sources tell
          @YahooSports
          football 105
          M/W basketball 15
          baseball 34
          softball 25
          volleyball 18
          Why would baseball and softball be different? That makes no sense.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Why would baseball and softball be different? That makes no sense.
            Really good question. Wouldn't surprise me to see title IX come up here. There's nothing that says those two sports have to be the same if a university is giving equal scholarships across the board but you'd think a university would prefer balance for optics?
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Really good question. Wouldn't surprise me to see title IX come up here. There's nothing that says those two sports have to be the same if a university is giving equal scholarships across the board but you'd think a university would prefer balance for optics?
              I was thinking balance because they utilize the same number of people to play the sport. Men's and Women's basketball has the same roster size. Plus, I recognize most of the baseball players are on partial scholarship for Title IX, whereas most of the softball rost is on full scholarship to balance football (along with women's soccer and volleyball).

I'm glad I am not working in a college athletic department and trying to keep track of all this, let alone find solutions. Kudos to every level of employee under John Cunningham; their jobs just got harder.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X