OT: Cal Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cal Bears

The Cal Bears presently are 3-4, but 0-4 in ACC play. In conference, the Bears have lost those four games by a grand total of nine points (1, 2 & 1 in the past 3). The primary problem appears to be placekicking.

This season, two different kickers have attempted field goals, totaling 18 tries. They've made 10, including missing 3 chip shots (< 30 yds). The primary kicker has tried 14 field goals but made only 7. He's very familiar to Bearcats fans: Ryan Coe.

Placekicking is dicey business.

Interesting -- thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      The Cal Bears presently are 3-4, but 0-4 in ACC play. In conference, the Bears have lost those four games by a grand total of nine points (1, 2 & 1 in the past 3). The primary problem appears to be placekicking.

This season, two different kickers have attempted field goals, totaling 18 tries. They've made 10, including missing 3 chip shots (< 30 yds). The primary kicker has tried 14 field goals but made only 7. He's very familiar to Bearcats fans: Ryan Coe.

Placekicking is dicey business.
      That is interesting. I remember Coe being money on turf and bad on grass. I wonder what the distribution is there on the missed kicks.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That is interesting. I remember Coe being money on turf and bad on grass. I wonder what the distribution is there on the missed kicks.
        Coe has been the opposite this year. At home (artificial), he's 3 for 8; on the road (all grass), 4 for 6. In the 3rd home game (NC St), his sole duty was to KO. He was back to FG duties at FSU & at home to The U.

Next up, @ Pitt (chewed up grass).

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X