If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
The only game left we can win is Colorado. We barely beat a Miami team that lost to BGSU yesterday, and BGSU had not yet won a game. Ugh, wake me up when this is over.
B.C.
"A witness to the pinnacle of UC Football, the 2020 and 2021 seasons... not likely to ever happen again!"
Should have kicked a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down at the 2 yard line. Get some points with the defense playing reasonably well. Dumb decision by CSS.
Dumb decisions and bad play calling seems to be his trademark. Add in a slow processing QB and you have the recipe for an offensive disaster.
Dumb decisions and bad play calling seems to be his trademark. Add in a slow processing QB and you have the recipe for an offensive disaster.
He needs to give up play calling. The offense can get off schedule so quickly and never recovers. Lacks the ability to adjust. I thought the defense would get better in the second half, keeping with the last couple games. But, it got worse. Arizona apparently made better adjustments.
I was out last night and by the time I got home it was 24-0. Basing it solely off stats it looks their run defense was a lot better than even we thought. Less than 100 yards rushing total for the game for the Bearcats.
I do wonder what goes into the decision making process of having a an Eastern Time Zone team play in what's essentially the Pacific Time Zone that late at night. We've had 4 of these since joining the conference. UCF has had zero and I don't believe WV has had more than one of them since we joined. I'd like to think it's not some grand conspiracy against UC and would love to now what's goes on between the conference and TV folks when they make out the conference schedule. We' ve definitely gotten the short end of the stick here.
I was out last night and by the time I got home it was 24-0. Basing it solely off stats it looks their run defense was a lot better than even we thought. Less than 100 yards rushing total for the game for the Bearcats.
I do wonder what goes into the decision making process of having a an Eastern Time Zone team play in what's essentially the Pacific Time Zone that late at night. We've had 4 of these since joining the conference. UCF has had zero and I don't believe WV has had more than one of them since we joined. I'd like to think it's not some grand conspiracy against UC and would love to now what's goes on between the conference and TV folks when they make out the conference schedule. We' ve definitely gotten the short end of the stick here.
I understand that makes it more difficult, playing in the middle of the night. But that’s not enough to account for what we saw last night. After nearly being disgraced (it was still an embarrassment) against Miami and now this, it seems another lost season is upon us. This is now Scott Satterfield’s fourth year, and I think it’s safe to say we’ve seen no progress whatsoever, more like spinning our tires in the mud the last four years. Unless there is a drastic turnaround this year, I think a move has to be made before we get back to half empty Nippert Stadium. Louisville had him four years and his record was 25-24, it’s worse since coming to UC, 19-23 with the 4-1 start this year.
Yes that 'Cats got dominated on both sides of the ball and the play calling was awful...just don't understand how they couldn't get run game going to open up passing game...tired of hearing about our 'dominant' OL.
Given all that, I do not not think our players quit. I did see effort right until the end - heck, maybe I'm wrong...I just don't know anymore.
Perhaps this is the landscape of college football:
UMASS was feeling good about themselves being undefeated with a win over Rutgers, then gets hammered by Eastern MIichigan in front of a home sellout.
Florida was undefeated and ranked in the top 10, also feeling good about themselves and got trounced by Missouri - did you see those rushing yards by Mizzou?
Maybe the Bearcats were feeling (too) good about themselves going into this game...and we know the rest of the story.
I think the next game will be very telling to see if the 'Cats learned anything from this loss and can regroup.
Comment