No announcement yet.

The Athletic is launching a Cincinnati site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked last week if there would be a replacement UC beat writer, got a form response, asked again, no response. I cancelled my account tonight.

Comment

Justin's written about 4 UC basketball related articles since football started. No other UC related content that wasn't part of national news.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is Justin still covering? I thought he was let go or moved on?
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Is Justin still covering? I thought he was let go or moved on?
          The Athletic moved him to the national CFB and MBB writer pool with David Ubben, Nicole Auerbach, Max Olsen etc. There's no local UC beat writer anymore and I think that's the case across the site with local writers for college teams.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Like many here, I subscribed because of the local coverage supplied for Cincinnati sports. Especially UC. But since the NYT purchase and the layoffs and lack of local coverage, reading The Athletic has become almost an afterthought for me. I won’t be renewing when my subscription ends.

It’s truly sad, because I really enjoyed reading the local coverage. Especially since the Enquirer has gone downhill also.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
              Like many here, I subscribed because of the local coverage supplied for Cincinnati sports. Especially UC. But since the NYT purchase and the layoffs and lack of local coverage, reading The Athletic has become almost an afterthought for me. I won’t be renewing when my subscription ends.

It’s truly sad, because I really enjoyed reading the local coverage. Especially since the Enquirer has gone downhill also.
              Right you are, if you’re content reading about Kansas, Kentucky, NC, and Duke, The Athletic may still have some value. They cover the Bengals and Reds, but local does a good job there. I just don’t need the site anymore.

Comment

its a shame - i really enjoyed justin william's articles - he's always been insightful - really liked when he'd embed plays into his articles, to reinforce a point. i could take or leave their bengals coverage, but their reds coverage is just a bunch of stat nerds running on about their man crushes on votto

Comment

It doesn't appear The Athletic will cover local teams per this response

"
                  https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?ur...0Pu44TLKsg--~D Hailey (The Athletic)

Dec 29, 2023, 7:56 PM CST

Hi there,
                  Thanks for your interest. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and the delay.
                  We are always looking to expand our coverage! We'd love it if you would fill out our coverage suggestion form found at theathletic.com/contact-support by selecting Suggestion and then Coverage Suggestion so our newsroom can review it!
                  Thanks for being a part of The Athletic, and we hope you continue to enjoy our coverage.
                  Cheers,
                  Hailey'
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X