Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Also seeing that it looks like a football specific booster club might be coming down the pike.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I was not on the call but it looks like there was a lot of discussion on how best to allocate donations now that NIL is important. That's a sticking point for a lot of donors right now. UCATS is a 501c3 organization for tax purposes. Cincy Reigns had applied for that designation but the IRS is turning down certification for NIL collectives so I'm not sure that will ever happen.

Donation suggestions were made in the amount of 3K, 6K, 12K tiers. I'm not sure which side of the fence that would be directed to but it sounds like Cincy Reigns.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Saw some tweets about a zoom call last night with JC - I imagine a UCATS thing but maybe not.

Anyone attend and/or have insight?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Coffee with Cunningham speaker on 9/21 will be Barry Tramel, the longtime OU beat reporter.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    GoBearcats just announced a contract extension for John through 2028.

Based on that it would appear that the university brass is happy with the job he's doing despite some fan base detractors.

Article is ($)

https://theathletic.com/4785862/2023...shared_article
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-18-2023, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Coffee with Cunningham:

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
    Time:
    7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. ET

Questions in Advance?: https://cpaw.me/CoffeeQs
    Was/Is anyone on the Zoom meeting?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Coffee with Cunningham:

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
    Time:
    7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. ET

Questions in Advance?: https://cpaw.me/CoffeeQs

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Speaking of John, He seems to like young, up and coming coaches with a good track record. Wes just turned 40 and Katrina Merriweather is also 40. Satterfield is 50. Erica Demers is sub 40 but I can't find her actual age anywhere. Unless I missed someone, those are the only HCs he's hired. All the other coaches are from the Bohn zone or earlier.
    Baseball: Coach Bischell is 42, but this was way after your comment date.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Coffee with Cunningham will restart on 8/15/23 with Strength and Condition’s Niko Palazeti
    Last edited by Lobot; 08-03-2023, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Speaking of John, He seems to like young, up and coming coaches with a good track record. Wes just turned 40 and Katrina Merriweather is also 40. Satterfield is 50. Erica Demers is sub 40 but I can't find her actual age anywhere. Unless I missed someone, those are the only HCs he's hired. All the other coaches are from the Bohn zone or earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I've met him a few times. He's pretty likeable in person. Very smart and doesn't mince words much.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by UC4me View Post
    That is interesting that he is getting negative feedback. It is my impression that he has done a good job. Judgment is coming too soon on both the major men's hires.
    I like the guy, I think he’s done a good job. Most of the commenters are probably just the usual complainers, or Xavier people, and I think the vast majority of Bearcat fans like the guy.

Leave a comment:

• UC4me
    replied
    That is interesting that he is getting negative feedback. It is my impression that he has done a good job. Judgment is coming too soon on both the major men's hires.

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Subscriber-only article from Scott Springer:

UC AD John Cunningham on NIL, Big 12 move, facilities and more in an exclusive 1-on-1
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/70029723007/
    I read that article this morning. After GB31's post, I went back to read the comments on the article. The commenters are all in agreement on one point - they do not like Cunningham. The kindest comment was that it is too early to tell about Satterfield and Miller. The harshest was that UC will dwell in mediocrity in a best case scenario due to Cunningham. I'm not sure what the rationale, if any, behind the comments are, but I do find it strange.

I for one like Cunningham, mostly because he is a lawyer and approaches the AD job from that perspective. I may be biased because that also happens to be my career, but I do feel like coming from a compliance background as Cunningham does is crucially important to an AD job.

JMHO.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Subscriber-only article from Scott Springer:

UC AD John Cunningham on NIL, Big 12 move, facilities and more in an exclusive 1-on-1
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/70029723007/

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X