Wbb 2021-2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

None of the WBB coaches that came after her have had the same success and she had less to work with. It was my understanding Pirtle was pushed out when we went to the Big East. If that's true, it was a bad decision.

UC Women's Basketball Coach Has a Winning Focus

Laurie Pirtle earned the honor to be in the hall UC Hall of Fame.
    It's my understanding that Pirtle was forced out by Mike Thomas. To be honest when I was in school and afterwards when Pirtle was the coach, the W-L trend was like a rollercoaster. Very inconsistent and I think when Thomas came on board, he thought we could use some new blood and didn't renew her contract. The guy he hired, J. Kelley Hall, had absolutely zero ties to Ohio and couldn't recruit. Gone after 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-19-2022, 06:11 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Nice crowd today. But Akira Levy didn’t score, and the Bearcats committed 23 turnovers, a bunch in the last 5 minutes. Can’t win like that. They played hard, and are much better FT shooters than the men.
      Unless a miracle happens over the next 2 games, the Bearcats have sewn up the last place finish and an 11 seed in the conference tournament. That would put their first games on Monday 3/7 at 6:00 in Ft. Worth
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

It's my understanding that Pirtle was forced out by Mike Thomas. To be honest when I was in school and afterwards when Pirtle was the coach, the W-L trend was like a rollercoaster. Very inconsistent and I think when Thomas came hiter, on board, he thought we could use some new blood and didn't renew her contract. The guy he hired, J. Kelley Hall, had absolutely zero ties to Ohio and couldn't recruit. Gone after 2 seasons.
        I had high hopes when Michelle Clark-Heard was hired, but so far it hasn't panned out.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

I had high hopes when Michelle Clark-Heard was hired, but so far it hasn't panned out.
          I think the recruiting is going to take longer to adjust itself. We have a lot of foreign and JuCo folks on the roster. Nothing wrong with that but the roster needs to turn over
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC WBB is the #11 seed in the AAC Tournament
            https://gobearcats.com/documents/202...ip_Bracket.pdf

Comment

WBB takes on Houston tonight at 6:00 in Ft. Worth on ESPN+ for those who want to check out the AAC Tourney.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The game started late and the team started slow. As a result we're down 20 in the 4Q and headed for an L.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Fell to Houston by 22.

Comment

Akira Levy has entered the Transfer portal. I believe this is a grad transfer. Any new school she picks would be her 3rd school in 4 years.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Added a new assistant coach. Women's Hoops Adds Assistant Coach Myia Johnson - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                      Hopefully she has some good recruiting ties.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Added a new assistant coach. Women's Hoops Adds Assistant Coach Myia Johnson - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                        Hopefully she has some good recruiting ties.
                        Melissa Kolbe has moved on to be the HC at Wittenburg, Happens to be her alma mater.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X