NLRB Memo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLRB Memo

That's National Labor Relations Board. They just issued a memo stating that athletes are employees of the university they play for and are allowed to unionize. It's not a legal ruling yet but this is setting the stage or one.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...stabilization/

First, This is a serious issue for the NCAA and might set them up for a whole host of lawsuits. One of those would probably come from current and former athletes of Northwestern that tried to organize a few years ago and got shot down.

Second thing that comes to mind is that the NCAA is going to die eventually if this makes it to a final stages.

Third, if they're employees, you kind of have to pay them somehow. I'm sure every university on the planet not in the SEC will claim the scholarship and education are payment enough and they'd be right in doing that considering the cost of attendance for a 4 year school but all it takes is one conference (SEC) to pay out more than that and everything goes to **** and we've got a pro league on our hands.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

As an olympic sport participant from the 80's, I hate this trend. The love of the game should be enough. I do not know if UC will survive this round of bulls--t but I can almost say for certain that the lower conferences are going to debate wheter or not to have football. The MAC is a good regional conference and I would hate to see it fall to the greed.

Comment

MLB all over again?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X