Clear All

Half: UC 26, Tulane 22

Comment

Hopefully that’ll hold up
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

End of 3rd quarter: Tulane 42-36 (20-10 in the quarter).

Comment

Season over. Tulane 61-52.

Comment

I haven't followed the team. How did the Scott sisters do this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              I haven't followed the team. How did the Scott sisters do this year?
              Jayden Scott: Played in 28 of the 29 games, starting 11 ... 3.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg.

Jada Scott: Played in 27 games, starting 7 ... 1.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg.

Comment

Michelle Clark-Heard has been let go per GoBearcats

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/3/7...eadership.aspx
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Michelle Clark-Heard has been let go per GoBearcats

https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/3/7...eadership.aspx
                  Not surprised. I thought she would be a good coach but for some reason the program never progressed under her leadership.

Comment

Yeah, I mounted up a large twitter thread on this today. Rather than retype it all, you can see what I wrote plus responses here:

https://twitter.com/LobotC2DFW/statu...62456401866769

Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Anything on the new women's basketball coach yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatdave72 View Post
                        Anything on the new women's basketball coach yet?
                        All quiet on the western front.

I haven’t heard a peep which is normal for John Cunningham.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

All quiet on the western front.

I haven’t heard a peep which is normal for John Cunningham.
                          Well, UC has never been able to recruit good WBB players to the program. It really doesn't matter who the coach is - they need players. I want WBB to succeed. Just as I want all UC sports programs to succeed. Heading to the Big12, we have some work to do. Womens Tennis got 3 very highly rated recruits who are now freshmen. No results yet. Baseball...today's beat down of XU was great, but overall still not there. Was great for the success of T&F. Wish we could stumble across a few more like Jordan Thompson.

Am I asking for too much?

What do we as fans do, or can we do, to help other than donations? I realize that UC will not win everything every year. I just want to see us being competitive. Is that asking too much?

Comment

I think with WBB you have to change the recruiting game. To do that, the fans needs to invest in the program so that can take place. That said, If you hire someone without good recruiting connections, the investment won't matter much. You almost need a big splash hire to get things rolling. That big splash hire needs one really good player to stay home like Jillian Hayes did for Clark-Heard to start the ball rolling.

The roster needs an immediate upgrade for the Big XII and it would be great if we had a coach in place before the transfer portal completely goes crazy.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

Well, UC has never been able to recruit good WBB players to the program. It really doesn't matter who the coach is - they need players. I want WBB to succeed. Just as I want all UC sports programs to succeed. Heading to the Big12, we have some work to do. Womens Tennis got 3 very highly rated recruits who are now freshmen. No results yet. Baseball...today's beat down of XU was great, but overall still not there. Was great for the success of T&F. Wish we could stumble across a few more like Jordan Thompson.

Am I asking for too much?

What do we as fans do, or can we do, to help other than donations? I realize that UC will not win everything every year. I just want to see us being competitive. Is that asking too much?
                              Not true - Laurie Pirtle

She was pushed our when we made the move to the Big East. No success after Pirtle left.
                              CINCINNATI – As we prepare to celebrate 50 seasons of Cincinnati women's basketball on Saturday, Jan. 19, there is one person that will forever be remembered for

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Not true - Laurie Pirtle

She was pushed our when we made the move to the Big East. No success after Pirtle left.
                                You're right and I owe apologies to Laurie Pirtle. I had completely forgotten about her time as HC at UC. Thanks for the reminder cpawstoney!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X