Big 12 Media Days (7/13 & 7/14)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Media Days (7/13 & 7/14)

What do you think will be discussed this week?
    Big 12 Football: What To Expect At Media Days - Sports Illustrated TCU Killer Frogs News, Analysis and More

Here is your media guide. I hope that some of you that have ESPN+ can provide highlights.
    Will the new Big 12 commissioner talk conference realignment? How to watch Big 12 football media days (msn.com)

Comment

SOME BIG 12 MEDIA DAY QUOTES

(via Max Olson of The Athletic):

Bob Bowlsby jokes that he did say at last year's media days his board was as aligned as ever. "I think 8 days later, OU and Texas announced they were going to the SEC. So you can take my assessment of calm waters for what they're worth."

Brett Yormark says Bob Bowlsby will be an "incredible resource" for him going forward. Would expect Bowlsby to consult for the Big 12 in some capacity.

Brett Yormark: "One thing is for sure: The Big 12 is open for business. We will leave no stone unturned to drive value for the conference." (emphasis added)

Brett Yormark on realignment: "Exploration and optionality is at the forefront of what we are focused on. Anything considered must be additive and not dilutive."

Brett Yormark on interest in Pac-12 schools: "We are exploring all options and we are open for business. I think it's fair to say I've received a lot of phone calls, a lot of interest. Nothing is imminent."

Brett Yormark on whether Big 12 could lose members: "We are a very unified group. It was one of the things that drew me to the job, the alignment that the board and AD community all have for going forward."

Brett Yormark: "I think there's incredible upside with the Big 12. It's one of the reasons I'm here today. We have a chance to build our brand and business, nationalize our conference in a way that hasn't been done before."

Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark says he's an advocate for NIL. "I think there needs to be guardrails. There probably needs to be uniformity."

Brett Yormark on his reaction when he found out USC + UCLA were going to the Big Ten: "I was excited by it in many respects, because I saw there was opportunity."

On the divorce from OU and Texas, Brett Yormark adds he always looks for win-win scenarios but "it's important that whatever happens is in the best interest of this conference."

Brett Yormark says he wants to position the Big 12 brand to be "a little bit more national, a little younger, hipper, cooler."

Brett Yormark says he's had a working relationship with ESPN and FOX for many years. He's looking forward to negotiations and "how we can enhance and amplify the value equation."

Via Joseph Duarte of the Houston Chronicle: New Big 12 commish Brett Yormark says he will visit all 14 Big 12 campuses, including Houston, BYU, UCF and Cincinnati, as part of a "listening tour" in the coming weeks.

Via Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News: Baylor President Linda Livingstone praises Bob Bowlsby for bringing in BYU, UCF, Houston and Cincinnati after Texas and OU announcement, says Big 12 "is in a position of strength."

Comment

YouTube of Yormark from this morning.

https://youtu.be/R1ewtRUQ6IA
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Without reading it, you know that Gundy will be the best. He does speak his mind. Best Coaches Quotes From Day 1 Of Big 12 Media Days (msn.com)

Comment

Video links for today: I think they've taken a break for lunch and I'm not sure what the agenda is for the rest of the day.

https://big12sports.com/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's video of a local Dallas news outlet interviewing Yormark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4cb3Kndggo
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X