Enquirer changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquirer changes

Just saw where Keith Jenkins has announced his departure from the Enquirer. I’m guessing that will leave the UC beat with Scott Springer for a while if not forever.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Keith did a good job. Back to the same old Enquirer.

Comment

I'd love to see Charlie Goldsmith step in, even if temporary. He is very talented and there was a time a few years ago when he covered UC a bit and it was some of the best work I'd seen on (or around) the beat.

Comment

Scott is a favorite of mine & hope he can be the beat writer for the Bearcats.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
          Scott is a favorite of mine & hope he can be the beat writer for the Bearcats.
          Scott Springer confirmed as the new UC beat reporter https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...r/69750931007/
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-23-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Even Mark Twain thought that the Enquirer was a joke. Before you take shots, I think that this is a joke. Mark Twain dissed the Cincinnati Enquirer

Mark Twain probably didn’t actually say that thing about Cincinnati being 20 years behind the times, but he did have beef with a certain local newspaper. In his essay “An Entertaining Article,” Twain wrote, “I think the Cincinnati Enquirer must be edited by children.” It all stems from a parody review Twain did about his own comedic travelogue, “Innocents Abroad,” in a literary magazine he edited, after a London paper did a tongue-in-cheek review of the same travelogue. Twain didn’t write his review under his own name, instead posing as an English critic, but later admitted to that, which in turn prompted a columnist from the Enquirer to accuse Twain of lying. So basically, you and that one friend have an inside joke that your other friend takes seriously and freaks out over. For more context, Cincinnati historian Greg Hand details the full feud on his blog, Cincinnati Curiosities.

27 Cool Facts About Greater Cincinnati You May Not Have Known (citybeat.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X