Bengals - Buffalo Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals - Buffalo Game

I want to hear from sports fans what your take is from the Monday night football game. I do not want to be insensitive or heartless, but should the game have been postponed? If the game is played on Tuesday or Wednesday night, should the following Bengals vs Ravens game also be pushed back the same number of days? I remember in high school, one of our sprinters collapsed of an asthma attack and died. The track meet went on. I also remember when one of the best basketball players at the time collapsed with a rare heart disease and the game went on. Again, I do not want to be heartless, and I do not even know where I stand on this. Injuries and death are devastating on all of us. I also remember a coworker collapsing and dying from a heart attack during a league bowling game. I have wept, cried, and knelt in the past. Does the league give the Bengals the win since they had the lead at the time? This screws the Bills in their playoff scenario. This is a terrible situation and affects so many people in so many ways. I am not a Bengals fan so this is not about that. My query is one of what do we do as a society when things like this happens. I just want to hear other's thoughts on this. For instance, what if this happened during the tosu and Georgia game two nights ago?

Where does sports and humanity merge and where do they divorce?

Call the game a draw? I can’t think of any way to complete the game so late in the season and under the circumstances. I understand that it is a meaningful game for the playoffs. A draw is the only equitable result.

Comment

A draw is really the only thing to do at this point. Just MHO!

Comment

It's like baseball, they haven't played the equivalent of 5 innings and the logistics to reschedule the matchup simply aren't feasible. Keep the stats accumulated, but the game never happened in the win/loss column and both teams get one less game on the season.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The significance of the game is home field advantage in the event of a Bengals-Bills conference championship game. The winner of last night's game would have had home field advantage in that game (assuming they both win their final regular season games). Possible solution - call last night's game a draw, and if the Bengals and Bills get to the conference championship game, play it on a neutral field.

Comment

Originally posted by djs View Post
            The significance of the game is home field advantage in the event of a Bengals-Bills conference championship game. The winner of last night's game would have had home field advantage in that game (assuming they both win their final regular season games). Possible solution - call last night's game a draw, and if the Bengals and Bills get to the conference championship game, play it on a neutral field.
            Quite possibly the coaches talked about this last night and hav agreed on a solution, awaiting announcement from NFL.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

With the first playoff game on January 14, there is really no way of making up this game. This game also had implications on the Ravens and Bengals standings. The Bengals are now in a must win scenario for the Ravens game. Let's not forget that Damar Hamlin is still in critical condition.

Comment

Seemed like commotio cordis but I would have expected it to cause immediate v.fib and loss of consciousness.he would not have gotten up and then go down.
                Any way he got CPR apparently immediately & shocked probably within few minutes.hence i would expect complete recovery
                Usually commotio cordis results from hits on the chest with smaller & harder objects like baseball or hockey puck still extremely rare. Farooq A. Mirza, MD

Comment

Right thing was to postpone the game. Players from both team were not mentally in a condition to play.

Comment

Game will not resume this week.
                    No decision regarding possible resumption at a later date.
                    No changes have been made to the Week 18 schedule at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      With the first playoff game on January 14, there is really no way of making up this game. This game also had implications on the Ravens and Bengals standings. The Bengals are now in a must win scenario for the Ravens game. Let's not forget that Damar Hamlin is still in critical condition.
                      The Bengals lead the Ravens by 1 1/2 games as of now. The Ravens lost to Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

The Bengals lead the Ravens by 1 1/2 games as of now. The Ravens lost to Pittsburgh.
                        I guess that I went to bed too late to see that score. It will be interesting to see how the NFL shuffles the seeds for the playoff without the Bills-Bengals game in the books. I do not know if this affects where KC will be in the pecking order. To be honest, I typically do not follow the NFL until college ball is over.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I guess that I went to bed too late to see that score. It will be interesting to see how the NFL shuffles the seeds for the playoff without the Bills-Bengals game in the books. I do not know if this affects where KC will be in the pecking order. To be honest, I typically do not follow the NFL until college ball is over.
                          If KC beats Las Vegas they get the #1 seed

Comment

Right now, KC has the top seed. If the Bills had beaten the Bengals, they would have become the top seed. If the Bengals had won, they would have become the second seed and also clinched the AFC North. The game is extremely important for both teams. Unfortunately, I can’t see how the game can be played with both teams having other games this weekend.

Comment

Can you believe that Jake Scott is actually trying to blame Tee Higgins?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X