Baseball ‘23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball ‘23

The Nati Boyz schedule is out and TV is finalized. Lots of ESPN+ going on.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2023
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Lol. I just read through the entire schedule and the Crosstown is at Xavier on…

Flosports
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So the move to the Big 12 doesn't begin with baseball '23?

Comment

The move to the Big 12 for all sports begins July, 2023.

Comment

That clears things up. Thanks BB

Comment

Apparently Scott Springer has done an article on UC Baseball this morning for Enquirer subscribers. This is a rarity for the Baseball team and probably a good thing. Feel feel to grab some tickets and send the screenshots to Phil Castellini . ($)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...e/69894165007/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Bearcats have gone 2-1 in a 4 game series against Georgia Southern. Saturday's late second game of a doubleheader was suspended.

They will face #7 Florida in Gainesville on the 24th - 27th for a 3 games series.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just a note, "Marge Schott Stadium" (because I do not know what they call it now) is a great place to take your kids or in my case, grandchildren to see good baseball on the cheap. I encourage all of you to take in at least one game this season.

Comment

The Cats traveled to Florida this weekend and it didn't end well, as the Gators swept UC in three games: 13-6, 13-3, 13-7.

UC will host Miami-OH Wednesday at 5:00.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    The Cats traveled to Florida this weekend and it didn't end well, as the Gators swept UC in three games: 13-6, 13-3, 13-7.

UC will host Miami-OH Wednesday at 5:00.
                    Well the pitching was poor but consistent.

Comment

I just do not think a northern school can compete with a southern school due to the early start date and the weather. Hopefully, having a permanent indoor facility and being in the Big 12 will help with that.

Comment

We haven't talked much about baseball so here's an update.

The NatiBoyz throttled Xavier last week with multiple grand slams in a 19-6 rout. A couple of balls this past weekend almost made the roof of Shoemaker.

We're 11-14 overall this season so far with one more before the AAC conference season starts up for the last time. Because we are a northern school, it usually takes us a while to get going in the standings and the conference race is where we do our work.

We have one more official Non-Conference game against Louisville tomorrow night. It's Will Ferrell night and I don't know why. There will be giveaways etc. If they pull off a visit from Will Ferrell I'll be shocked but it would be fun.

There is one more non-con game in the middle of the schedule on April 11 for the Joe Nuxhall Classic where we will play X or Miami, TBD.

Moving to the Big XII for this group will be challenging for UC as that conference has several national power programs in the southern part of the conference.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It has been tough sledding of late. However, the Cats were able to rally from 8-1 down to eke out a 9-8 victory. UC scored two runs in each of the final four innings to walk off with the win that salvaged the final game of a three-game home series with WSU.

The Bearcats now are 12-17, 1-2 in the AAC. Next up, three games at Memphis.
                          Last edited by swilsonsp4; 04-02-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Probably should be in the Where are they Now thread but here you go, Josh Harrison pitches. Cincinnati native, former Bearcat Harrison becomes first position-player pitcher of 2023 MLB season (wlwt.com)

Comment

Mark your calendar for May 13. The message below came from John Cunningham (AD).

I'm excited to share that a Cincy Reigns supporter is offering free UC baseball tickets to all UCATS and Cincy Reigns donors for a 513 Day special celebration at the final American Athletic Conference series, a home game against Central Florida Golden Knights.

This celebratory gesture marks the achievement of the $50,000 matching gift milestone during UC's Day of Giving. Join us at 2 PM on May 13 at the UC Baseball Stadium for a fun-filled day of baseball, camaraderie, and 513 Day spirit.

We appreciate the valuable contributions of Cincy Reigns and UCATS supporters in reaching this milestone. Hope you'll join us in celebrating their success on the best day of the year. See you at the stadium!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X