No announcement yet.

Wbb '23-24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#10 NC State dominated the Cats today, 79-45. Last game of tourney tomorrow at 3:15 vs Kentucky (2-4).

Comment

UC leading Kentucky 31-20 at halftime in Virgin Islands. Game on ESPN+

Comment

W , 64-41 over UK. Nice way to finish up a very tough tournament.

Crosstown Shootout is coming up there will be ticket promotions for that one.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Team is 4-3 after a 24-point win versus Tennessee State -- next up versus Xavier at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday at 5/3 Arena. XU is 0-7.

UCWBB is led by local product Jillian Hayes (12.3 ppg)

Comment

If you are interested in attending the Crosstown shootout for WBB, let me know. I have 2 tickets in the Champions Club that aren't being used. Food will be served for this one. Here's the food menu.

We're excited to host you back in Fifth Third Arena for the Women’s Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout vs. Xavier on Sunday, December 10th at 2pm! As a part of your premium game day experience, we will offer you access to the Champions Club with a rotating menu for select games (see future games below).

For Sunday's game, please take a look at the premium seating option menu. All food and beverage will be set up in the Champions Club.

Premium Seating Menu: December 10th vs. Xavier
            • Skyline coneys & 3-ways
            • Crudité with ranch and hummus
            • Spinach dip with tortilla chips
            • Chicken tenders, barbeque and buffalo dips
            • Bearcat beef chili bar with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and corn bread
            • Cookies and brownies
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

At least the women’s basketball team can beat XU . . . 69-47 UC.

Comment

I'm stealing the team's thunder here but XU has lost 28 games in a row dating back to their upset win against the Bearcats in the previous Crosstown Shootout last season. That lead to a coaching change which doesn't seem to have helped much. I could have sworn XU was in the NCAA's on the women's side 4 or 5 years ago?
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I'm stealing the team's thunder here but XU has lost 28 games in a row dating back to their upset win against the Bearcats in the previous Crosstown Shootout last season. That lead to a coaching change which doesn't seem to have helped much. I could have sworn XU was in the NCAA's on the women's side 4 or 5 years ago?
                  XU made the NCAA Tournament from 2007-2011 under Kevin McGuff, who then left for OSU. X ladies made the Elite Eight in 2010 and missed two wide open layups at the end that would have sent them to the Final Four. They have really struggled since. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier...9;s_basketball

Comment

WBB Cats are on a 4-game win streak after rolling Howard. They play a road game (?) versus Southern Indiana on Sunday, host Siena next Thursday at 1 p.m. and then begin Big 12 play.

Looks like there is a NET rankings for the women (and why wouldn't there be, just never thought to look), and they were #101 before routing Howard by 25 .

Comment

Game time change for Siena on the 21st. Tipping off at 1:00 in the afternoon now.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I keep thinking we should start a recruiting thread for WBB . We got a commitment from a 2025 CG Joya Crawford earlier this week.

Also, Jillian Hayes joined the 1000 pt club at UC.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 12-21-2023, 04:36 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The women took care of Siena this afternoon, 71-51. The Cats jumped on the Saints early for a 25-10 lead, then coasted. They outrebounded Siena, 53-27 (17-5 offensive).

Next up will be the B12 opener versus K-State at home on 12/30/23 at 2:00.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            The women took care of Siena this afternoon, 71-51. The Cats jumped on the Saints early for a 25-10 lead, then coasted. They outrebounded Siena, 53-27 (17-5 offensive).

Next up will be the B12 opener versus K-State at home on 12/30/23 at 2:00.
                            I believe that would be 6 in a row.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big 12 home debut against K-State this Saturday at 2:00. Wear Black
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kansas State is #11. Cincinnati Hosts #11 Kansas State Saturday - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
                                We will see what our team is made out of.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X