State(republic) of Cincinnati

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State(republic) of Cincinnati

I'm a Bearcat, since 1992 and forever. But this concept is dumb. There, I feel better.

I must have missed something. Thoroughly confused here.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      I must have missed something. Thoroughly confused here.
      You are not the only one.

Comment

sorry, totally random, see it on social media all the time

Comment

There is a group called the Republic of Cincinnati that is a great group of people. They have a tailgate that is very inclusive and welcoming to most anyone. Is that to whom you're referring?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatdave72 View Post
            There is a group called the Republic of Cincinnati that is a great group of people. They have a tailgate that is very inclusive and welcoming to most anyone. Is that to whom you're referring?
            I will echo this. The guys that run it are top notch and super welcoming...even to visiting fans. First class folks.
            Cory Huffman
            Cin City

Comment

There is a "State of CIncinnati" Twitter account out there that doesn't always seems to have all its marbles. Totally different thing than Republic though.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

oh I wasn't trying to say any of the people involved are bad in anyway or do anything bad...I just find the concept kinda silly, but i guess it's really about promoting the city, which is cool

Comment

Is the group related to Bearcats and so called because of the approach Luke took to recruiting?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Is the group related to Bearcats and so called because of the approach Luke took to recruiting?
                    Republic started as a Bearcat centric tailgate group way back. They may go back to Brian Kelly era. They have (?) a spot on the Grid for football season and travel to some aways games with a trailer as well. I've never tailgated with them but I pretty sure the founder was Mike Galati, who posted here once upon a time as Udonkey. They are Bearcat fans first and seem to have moved into the FCC realm during the UC offseasons.

I'm not endorsing them or not endorsing them but the site is here:

https://www.republicofcincinnati.com/

Looks like it hasn't been updated since November.

There are several tailgating groups out there including The Den and others. My understanding is that Red and Black Brigade may have shut down. I know the guy running it "retired" after this past season but I'm not sure what their status is.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

What Lobot said is dead on. There is still a Mike Galati that runs it with others but may be the younger Mike. I give a small donation through venmo, bring a case of beer and some type of food to share every game. They typically have a main dish catered in from a local establishment. Good folks and always a good time.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X