Who Remembers WFIB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Remembers WFIB?

WFIB was a radio station that could only be heard on campus since it was broadcast through the electric lines on campus. I’ve been searching the ‘net for info to see if my memories are correct (very questionable…), but have not been able to find anything. Anybody around who was on campus in the 60’s or 70’s who can help fill in the blank spots for me?

Yep, WFIB (World’s Finest in Broadcasting). I worked there for awhile.

Comment

Was the radio studio in Tangeman University Center? I was at UC in the 80s and I remember a radio studio in that building that was no longer being used.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        Yep, WFIB (World’s Finest in Broadcasting). I worked there for awhile.
        Thanks longtimefan! Can you fill in some details? Did you have to tune in to AM 800? Combination of classical music by day, rock by night? Weren’t there some WFIB DJs who later worked at WEBN (maybe Jay Gilbert?)?

I’m just really trying to remember some things from my days on campus. Back when I was young…

Comment

Jay was there, he also taught at CCM. I believe Jerry Galvin was involved somewhat too, though my memory is a little foggy. It was an AM channel at 800, so the music quality wasn’t good by today’s standards, but a lot of AM stations played music in those days.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X