ESPN on Spectrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN on Spectrum

Anyone else notice that ESPN went dark on Spectrum at 8:00 PM sharp? I was getting ready to watch Utah and Florida and now there is a message about negotiations breaking down between Spectrum and Disney.

Nationwide. Affecting everyone with Spectrum cable TV. Spectrum Internet with a streaming service works fine.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Spectrum sucks! Big time.

Comment

Half the country melted down over this last night. Disney and ESPN are pointing fingers at each other but Spectrum got almost all of the blame from customers. If you're still on cable TV with Spectrum, this is your signal to go to internet service only and jump on Hulu or YoutubeTV for programming.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Dumping Spectrum for another streaming service really didn’t work for me. I had YouTube TV for a while. I generally liked the service, but they kept raising the price to where it was less expensive for me to go back to Spectrum. And by doing that, I picked up Ballysports, which meant I could enjoy watching the Reds play. The problem for me is all of the sports networks are soon to be separate streaming services which will cost far beyond what I care to pay for the “privilege” of enjoying sports. ESPN+, Peacock, Ballysports - these are just the beginnning.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
            Dumping Spectrum for another streaming service really didn’t work for me. I had YouTube TV for a while. I generally liked the service, but they kept raising the price to where it was less expensive for me to go back to Spectrum. And by doing that, I picked up Ballysports, which meant I could enjoy watching the Reds play. The problem for me is all of the sports networks are soon to be separate streaming services which will cost far beyond what I care to pay for the “privilege” of enjoying sports. ESPN+, Peacock, Ballysports - these are just the beginnning.
            I agree. I think we will pay a lot more and get less content once we go to all streaming for sports.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post
              Streaming is not as profitable for the service providers or content providers as Cable TV carriage fees were. They've passed the loss of profit on to the consumer as price increases and eventually in order to watch stuff, we're back to the ridiculous total prices we were paying for cable bundles in the first place, because shareholder value and all that. I'm ok with capitalism but sometimes it definitely does not work in financial favor of the consumer of the product.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The local news is reporting on Spectrum. It appears that the news is blaming Disney/ESPN for greed by raising fees and demand of bundling more programming into their subscription. It is painted that Spectrum is the company looking out for the people.

Comment

I was going to watch Miami-Oh and Miami-Fl and realized that the ACC Network is a part of this too. Same with the SEC network. I was going to sign up for ESPN+ and found out that since Spectrum is my internet provider that is also a no go. In the Enquirer it said that this peeing match between Spectrum and ESPN will probably be permanent. Spectrum should lower our fees since there are a good number of channels no longer available!

Fox Sports Clay Travis said that this will be the catalyst that pushes us into the next era of sports consuming with streaming. He takes the side of Spectrum because ESPN has announced that they are going to be pushing more content to streaming so why would Spectrum/Charter want to pay more for less content since that streaming content would be exclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                    I was going to watch Miami-Oh and Miami-Fl and realized that the ACC Network is a part of this too. Same with the SEC network. I was going to sign up for ESPN+ and found out that since Spectrum is my internet provider that is also a no go. In the Enquirer it said that this peeing match between Spectrum and ESPN will probably be permanent. Spectrum should lower our fees since there are a good number of channels no longer available!

Fox Sports Clay Travis said that this will be the catalyst that pushes us into the next era of sports consuming with streaming. He takes the side of Spectrum because ESPN has announced that they are going to be pushing more content to streaming so why would Spectrum/Charter want to pay more for less content since that streaming content would be exclusive?
                    Putting streaming aside for a second, how many households across how many states is ESPN now NOT on? How do you go to an advertiser and say we just lost a bazillion screens but now you have to pay as much if not more - who buys that?

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

Putting streaming aside for a second, how many households across how many states is ESPN now NOT on? How do you go to an advertiser and say we just lost a bazillion screens but now you have to pay as much if not more - who buys that?
                      This will get settled. But the problem for Spectrum/Charter is that they couldn't win; pay Disney the hike and S/C's customers complain and start/resume going to streaming. Challenge Disney and their customers lose their mind and start/resume going to streaming. It's inconvenient but at least S/C was willing to fight the good fight.

In my opinion, Disney is borderline evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

This will get settled. But the problem for Spectrum/Charter is that they couldn't win; pay Disney the hike and S/C's customers complain and start/resume going to streaming. Challenge Disney and their customers lose their mind and start/resume going to streaming. It's inconvenient but at least S/C was willing to fight the good fight.

In my opinion, Disney is borderline evil.
                        I agree with your last statement regarding Disney!

Comment

I have Spectrum here in St. Louis. Of course they wait until college football starts to pull this garbage.

Comment

UC EKU game on ESPN + channel 115 for those streaming.

Comment

The mudslinging, lawsuits and trolling continue.... Meanwhile, the consumer gets screwed as usual.

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X