Transfer Portal windows being shortened

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal windows being shortened

The NCAA is making changes to shorten the transfer windows. For example, football players will have 30 days after the CFP ends and a 15 day window in the spring. I say Hallelujah!!! The current window for football was too long, but started way too early. Leveling the start of the window will help, especially when there is a coaching change. Plus, it will be nice to spilt the early signing period away from the transfer recruiting period.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...sion-i-sports/
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

I posted about this in the Football portal thread.

In addition to this they killed the transfer portal headcount limit. You can take as many transfers as you want provided the total number of scholarship players is 85 or less. You can probably call it the Deion rule.

They also have ended the practice of photo shoots for recruits. So no more recruiting pics of guys on the red throne I guess. Lame.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      I

They also have ended the practice of photo shoots for recruits. So no more recruiting pics of guys on the red throne I guess. Lame.
      The recruit can still post photos of their visit on their social media site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        I posted about this in the Football portal thread.

In addition to this they killed the transfer portal headcount limit. You can take as many transfers as you want provided the total number of scholarship players is 85 or less. You can probably call it the Deion rule.

I think this will have the biggest impact on football; however, the windows were shortened across all sports.

One thing I'd like to see (for player and school): I wish players could begin the waiver process for second transfer any time so they can begin the process as they incurr issues and have waiver in hand when the portal opens, with a decree that the NCAA will issue a ruling for all applicants who submit waiver requests two weeks prior to portal opening.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think this will have the biggest impact on football; however, the windows were shortened across all sports.

One thing I'd like to see (for player and school): I wish players could begin the waiver process for second transfer any time so they can begin the process as they incurr issues and have waiver in hand when the portal opens, with a decree that the NCAA will issue a ruling for all applicants who submit waiver requests two weeks prior to portal opening.
          You are expecting way too much of the NCAA here. If molasses was a bureaucracy....
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X