Kenyon Martin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenyon Martin

Video on the father son combos in the NBA. Kenyon and KJ are included. KJ played at IMG academy last year and is expected to be drafted.

https://theundefeated.com/videos/the...on-fraternity/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I will be surprised if he gets drafted. He is not as good as Tre Scott and he's not getting drafted either.I hope I have to eat crow on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
      I will be surprised if he gets drafted. He is not as good as Tre Scott and he's not getting drafted either.I hope I have to eat crow on this one.
      He doesn't have to be as good as Trevon. He only has to have potential for the NBA. It has become sad to watch some of these young men get lost in the shuffle. It is the same for football, though to a less degree. If you are happy playing basketball for a living in Greece or Spain, there will always be a spot for these guys. Many of them lose out on a ton of money by skipping college or leaving too soon. For going pro, you want to maximize draft position and then play for that second contract to be as lucrative as possible. The lower the draft position, the less likely you will get a chance to play, even if you perform. There are very few Kevin Garnett's and a ton more whatshisnames.

If Trevon and K-Mart Jr had the same opportunity to get 15-25 minutes off the bench, I think Trevon would stick in the League for a long time.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

2nd round from last night's draft:

52. Kings draft Kenyon Martin Jr >> reportedly traded to the Rockets

53. Thunder draft Cassius Winston >> reportedly traded to the Wizards

54. Pacers draft Cassius Stanley

55. Nets draft Jay Scrubb

Comment

@MarcJSpears from last week:

Former Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin, Sr., will be an assistant coach for the Nuggets’ summer league team in Las Vegas. The former NBA All-Star has previously told @TheUndefeated that he has had interest in returning to the league in a coaching capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            @MarcJSpears from last week:

Former Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin, Sr., will be an assistant coach for the Nuggets’ summer league team in Las Vegas. The former NBA All-Star has previously told @TheUndefeated that he has had interest in returning to the league in a coaching capacity.
            Nick Van Exel just posted this photo of Kenyon, Coach Huggs and himself https://twitter.com/vanexel31/status...04080503156741

Comment

Clip (I think from yesterday?) of Kenyon Martin talking about being coached by Bob Huggins, on Undisputed: https://twitter.com/CoachEMartinWVU/...00372008640514

Comment

The top 25 men's college basketball players of the past 25 years

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ayers-25-years
                9. Kenyon Martin | F | Cincinnati | 1996-2000

Career stats: 11.0 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 2.5 BPG
                Career highlights: Wooden Award (2000), First-team AP All-American (2000), NABC Defensive Player of the Year (2000), Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year (1998,1999, 2000), all-Conference USA first team (1999, 2000)

The 1999-2000 Cincinnati team will always be one of men's college basketball's biggest "What if?" cases because Martin suffered a season-ending leg injury before the NCAA tournament. Outside of that, his senior season was remarkable (18.9 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 3.5 BPG), and proof that he is one of the best two-way college players of the last quarter century.

Comment

That 1999-2000 team was special and were #1 going into the conference tournament where he broke his leg against St. Louis. I think that I have been against conference tournaments ever since then.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X