No announcement yet.

Gabe Madsen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on Gabe's transition to Utah https://www.deseret.com/2021/7/5/225...all-facilities

- Saw benefit of playing at a separate school from Mason
    - Prefers Utah's facilities to UC's
    - Looks like he got some new ink as well from the pic

Comment

Not really sure this guy even deserves mention on Where are They Now.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        Not really sure this guy even deserves mention on Where are They Now.

I don't think he deserves any mention considering he never even stepped on the court.... You read the article and Gabe was very subtle with his NEGATIVE comments towards UC... If it wasn't for Mason, we would have never offered him in the first place.... Gabe appears to have a chip on his shoulder...

Comment

I think he got in one game and made a three. He left 2,973 points behind Oscar.

Comment

To be fair, my recollection is that he was the (slightly) higher rated of the two brothers-at the time, it seemed more like we wanted Gabe first, and Mason was the +1. Regardless, I think we have the right one here, and hope this works out well for both of them. I actually remember liking what I heard from both of them in interviews before the season last year.

Comment

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that Gabe was the first priority and Brannen made it seem like Mason was sought after also and not a package deal when that scenario was suggested. But yea the subtle disrespect is there from Gabe. I think his ego got bruised when he couldn't get on the court last season.

Comment

Beware guys who are concerned about the proximity of practice facility. LOL

Compare Mason's progress in the weight room to Gabe in these pics. Doesn't look like facilities are hurting him. The small amount of time Gabe spent here watching him in warmups and when he got in my take is he was physically overmatched. He needs to fix that first if he wants to play the 3 in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                  I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that Gabe was the first priority and Brannen made it seem like Mason was sought after also and not a package deal when that scenario was suggested. But yea the subtle disrespect is there from Gabe. I think his ego got bruised when he couldn't get on the court last season.
                  He couldn't get on the court becuase he couldn't play defense, like at all. Not even a little bit.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post

My mistake, I had it A**backwards on who the Higher Recruit was .... Gabe was rated higher and was Brannen's first priority.... Mason came along for the ride... And Mason turned out to be the more productive players.... Gabe's lack of defense and willingness to learn kept him off the court.... Like I said earlier, he definitely has a chip on his shoulder... I wonder what Mason thinks of his brothers comments?

Comment

Its definitely going to be interesting watching these two develope (or lack thereof) these next few years and see who becomes the better one. 😙

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

He couldn't get on the court becuase he couldn't play defense, like at all. Not even a little bit.
                        Mason worked hard, but wasn't a beast on defense either, yet. As to Gabe, I wish him all of the best. Falling in love with a school versus that first year on campus can be two different things, and I hope he is happier in Utah.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X