James Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Smith

James signed a CFL deal with Saskatchewan early in the weekend.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Good luck to him. I am actually surprised that he wasn't given a try in the NFL. However, if you think about it, there are about 50 punters per year available from the college ranks AND punters have a tendency of playing a long time in the NFL. Just look at Huber.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Good luck to him. I am actually surprised that he wasn't given a try in the NFL. However, if you think about it, there are about 50 punters per year available from the college ranks AND punters have a tendency of playing a long time in the NFL. Just look at Huber.
      He was given a chance; the Titans signed him in mid-May but cut him mid-August. I'm more surprised that he signed in Canada instead of with the USFL. But maybe he couldn't get signed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
        He was given a chance; the Titans signed him in mid-May but cut him mid-August. I'm more surprised that he signed in Canada instead of with the USFL. But maybe he couldn't get signed there.
        He's been working outside of that. A lot of NFL teams brought him in for practices so returners would have a good look at a left footed punter before they faced on one in a game.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X