Marcus Freeman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Freeman

According to a tOSY web sitequoting CBS sports this guy took a shot at both UC and tOSU.

"I'm not saying from top to bottom, but the majority of our kids, they -- I want to say this the right way -- are pushed to learn and their study habits are formulated every day. You can't cheat academics at Notre Dame."

To make his point, Freeman brought up the two most significant football stops in this career before coming to Notre Dame in 2021. At Ohio State, Freeman played defensive back for Tressel, eventually becoming a fifth-round NFL Draft choice of the Chicago Bears. At Cincinnati, he earned a reputation as one of the nation's best defensive coordinators.

"You don't go to class [at places like that]?" Freeman said rhetorically. "OK, take some online classes, show up for your appointments. At Notre Dame, you're forced every day to go to class."

If true, he was a major part of both. Things have gone to his head. Perhaps he is making excuses for the beatings he got and will be a part of at ND.
    Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-14-2022, 01:49 PM.

an excellent quote from tOSU forum:
    a first time head coach, but this is another unprofessional, unforced error.

Freeman, you can speak well of your current school without publicly denigrating other schools you were previously associated with. Learn to act with some class.

Comment

Liked him when he was here.

Have never liked Notre Dame.

Many have said Notre Dame is more likeable now / want to support him at Notre Dame.

But whether these comments were made or not, it's still Notre Dame -- don't care for them one bit.

Comment

Never a good idea to burn bridges behind you. Especially in the profession he finds himself

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          Never a good idea to burn bridges behind you. Especially in the profession he finds himself
          Also not ideal when your first game is versus Ohio State -- on the road, in Columbus, Week 1 at night

Comment

mistake was made
            Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-14-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Also not ideal when your first game is versus Ohio State -- on the road, in Columbus, Week 1 at night
              He has been running his mouth since he got the job. I guess his defense being trashed by the cats has given him insecurity. Look CLF coached him a tOSU (not a word said about others) and gave him a chance after the Purdue coaches were canned. What a gracious way of thanking CLF and the university which gave him a chance. Yahoo has the article by the Columbus NP.

Comment

The only two times I ever rooted for tO$U was when they played Notre Shame about twenty years ago. I will be a big fan of tO$U in week 1 of the 2022 season. tO$U will annihilate NS and make Freeman eat his words.

Comment

👍 👊

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The only two times I ever rooted for tO$U was when they played Notre Shame about twenty years ago. I will be a big fan of tO$U in week 1 of the 2022 season. tO$U will annihilate NS and make Freeman eat his words.
                    While Freeman's words were a mistake even rookie head coaches shouldn't make, I am still rooting for Noter Shame
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

While Freeman's words were a mistake even rookie head coaches shouldn't make, I am still rooting for Noter Shame
                      Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.
                        When we visited Norman, I met one of their boosters and he said something along the lines that his kids could go to any school they wanted, but he was only paying if they chose OU. I half jokingly and half seriously told my daughter the same thing. Fortunately, UC has one of the top programs in her field and she graduated this spring from UC. I was also lucky that her school choices came down to UC, Kansas, and Chicago Institute of Technology. That school in central Ohio does have some good programs, and I wouldn't have kept my joking promise...though I am glad she didn't have them in her list.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Wow!! Very disappointing statement from a coach I had a lot of respect for(not anymore). If & when CLF leaves I do not want this load mouth to replace him!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

When we visited Norman, I met one of their boosters and he said something along the lines that his kids could go to any school they wanted, but he was only paying if they chose OU. I half jokingly and half seriously told my daughter the same thing. Fortunately, UC has one of the top programs in her field and she graduated this spring from UC. I was also lucky that her school choices came down to UC, Kansas, and Chicago Institute of Technology. That school in central Ohio does have some good programs, and I wouldn't have kept my joking promise...though I am glad she didn't have them in her list.
                            My daughter is at UC and will graduate in 2023, and then begin the DPT program at UC as well. It was down to UC and tO$U for my son and in the end he chose tO$U. It does make me cringe when I have to pay his tuition each semester.

Comment

The NCAA announced Tuesday that it has ordered Notre Dame to vacate all 21 victories from the 2012-13 seasons, including the 12-0 run that vaulted the Fighting Irish into the national title game against Alabama, because a former student athletic trainer committed academic misconduct by doing substantial course work for two players and impermissibly helped six others.

"You can't cheat academics at Notre Dame."

Yeah, except the eight players who did – and those are just the ones who got caught.

Marcus Freeman's initials say it all. What is wrong with him. He didn't learn from Jim Tressel or LCF much of anything it appears. Maybe he took an online class.
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-15-2022, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X