No announcement yet.

Marcus Freeman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on second thought, this is a backward compliment. He is not just trying to get on the good side of the ND fan base, but it shows ND believes they must now recruit against the cats for the better mid west players. On third thought - MF just shut up.-- also if Sauce didn't go to class, would not that be put on the net in today's world.
    Last edited by leo from jersey; 06-15-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

damage control - “I wanted to set the record straight. I was misquoted by Dennis Dodd in this article, and key words were missing from the quote that upset a lot of people that I care about,” Freeman told 97.1 The Fan. “I’m very proud of my two degrees from Ohio State. I would never discredit the quality of education those degrees represent. I was just specifically really talking about the academic rigors of Notre Dame.”-- of course we did hear him say that he wasn't going to make the same mistake twice by not going to ND with his second opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Don’t get me wrong. If it could somehow end in a scoreless tie, that would also work. That’s how much I hate both programs. But, if I had to choose, I hated NS first so I will root for tO$U. Plus my son will be a sophomore this year at tO$U so there is some nexus to tO$U.
        https://c.tenor.com/yHeQyCzPl58AAAAC...ake-forest.gif
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Also, Context matters.

@ESPNRittenberg

Freeman said he was noting that because of Notre Dame's student body size, there aren't alternatives if you can't make it to class. Bigger schools such as Ohio State and Cincinnati offer online options for those who can't attend in person for most classes.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Also, Context matters.

@ESPNRittenberg

Freeman said he was noting that because of Notre Dame's student body size, there aren't alternatives if you can't make it to class. Bigger schools such as Ohio State and Cincinnati offer online options for those who can't attend in person for most classes.
            when he was there (tOSU) , they really didn't have online . Sounds like a lot of damage control to me.

Comment

I am not sure that I want to bring this up, but...... Didn't a famous sportscaster get canned about 12 years ago and he never resurfaced because of a comment he made about ND? I believe that he said that ND most likely will never win another national championship because they have to recruit students first and athletes second because of their admission standards. Maybe now that ND can pay players, they can get both.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                I am not sure that I want to bring this up, but...... Didn't a famous sportscaster get canned about 12 years ago and he never resurfaced because of a comment he made about ND? I believe that he said that ND most likely will never win another national championship because they have to recruit students first and athletes second because of their admission standards. Maybe now that ND can pay players, they can get both.
                I remember Lou Holtz saying that to justify lack of championships when he was coaching.

Comment

This is somewhat ND related because it mentions BK..... College footballs likeliest coaches to win first national championship, ranked (247sports.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X