The Madsen Brothers & Mikey Saunders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madsen Brothers & Mikey Saunders

Here are the current stats for the Madsen brothers and Mikey Saunders this season:

Mason Madsen, Boston College: Played in all 18 games, averaging 22.5 min/game. He scores 5.6 ppg and is shooting poorly (31.5% FG, 25.7% treys)

Gabe Madsen, Utah: Played in all 19 games, averaging 29.5 min/game. He scores 11.9 ppg and shoots decently from outside, but not inside: 34.7% FG, 36.7% treys. He’s a good FT shooter (78.2%).

Mikey Saunders, Utah: Played in 10 games, averaging 10.5 min/game. He scores 3.4 ppg on only 36 shots taken. Saunders has shot 36.1% FG, 65% FT, and is only 2/11 from outside (18.2%).

Why would Mike Saunders pick Utah as a school to transfer to? He is playing less now, and have less impact, than when he was with Cincinnati. He wanted to go to a program where he could be the man. Just as life, sometimes a person's plans do not work out the way that they want them to. Keep on trying Mike Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
      Why would Mike Saunders pick Utah as a school to transfer to? He is playing less now, and have less impact, than when he was with Cincinnati. He wanted to go to a program where he could be the man. Just as life, sometimes a person's plans do not work out the way that they want them to. Keep on trying Mike Saunders.
      I believe his family moved to Salt Lake area from Indiana where Brannen first discovered him.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I believe his family moved to Salt Lake area from Indiana where Brannen first discovered him.
        Not sure they moved or not but he attended Wasatch Academy in SLC during high school.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just in case you missed this from an earlier thread:

https://vb.bearcatnews.com/forum/whe...fers-graduates
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This year Zach Harvey is at Cal St Northridge. he's played in 5 games and averages 2.2 pts/game.

Other than Tari Eason (I'm not including Gabe Madsen since he never played a minute for UC), none of these guys ever really amounted to much. So I have to wonder what all the screaming, moaning and pearl clutching was about. UC canned a coach, endured bad publicity, lost a year of recruiting, had a lawsuit and ended up paying the guy anyway. For what? By entering the portal all these guys, except for Eason, were doing us a favor and freeing up roster spots.

If this program is in a perpetual state of rebuild, it's because of what management has done to the program. This is a DFL next year in the Big-12 from what I'm seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcated View Post
              This year Zach Harvey is at Cal St Northridge. he's played in 5 games and averages 2.2 pts/game.

Other than Tari Eason (I'm not including Gabe Madsen since he never played a minute for UC), none of these guys ever really amounted to much. So I have to wonder what all the screaming, moaning and pearl clutching was about. UC canned a coach, endured bad publicity, lost a year of recruiting, had a lawsuit and ended up paying the guy anyway. For what? By entering the portal all these guys, except for Eason, were doing us a favor and freeing up roster spots.

If this program is in a perpetual state of rebuild, it's because of what management has done to the program. This is a DFL next year in the Big-12 from what I'm seeing.
              While the gist concerning Gabe Madsen is correct, he actually did appear in two games in the 2020-21 season, hitting one of three from outside in twelve minutes of floor time. Then he transferred.

Comment

The only two from that list that had eligibility left I regret is Eason and Keith Williams. The rest had a higher opinion of there own game than coaches did and sought greener pastures, standard portal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

While the gist concerning Gabe Madsen is correct, he actually did appear in two games in the 2020-21 season, hitting one of three from outside in twelve minutes of floor time. Then he transferred.
                  That has to be some kind of record. Has there ever been a scholarship player wha actually played in games score less than 3 points at UC?

Comment

Madsen had a good night for Utah. Madsen’s big second half lifts Utah over WSU men in Pac-12 opener | The Seattle Times

Comment

Mikey Saunders, after having to wait out a decision on his 2nd transfer and an injury, is playing tonight on ESPNU for McNeese State at TX A&M-Corpus Christi. It's his 3rd game. He put up 20 in the prior game.

It might be hard to recognize him. Gone are the wheat shock locks. His hair is black and he wears a full beard.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                        Mikey Saunders, after having to wait out a decision on his 2nd transfer and an injury, is playing tonight on ESPNU for McNeese State at TX A&M-Corpus Christi. It's his 3rd game. He put up 20 in the prior game.

It might be hard to recognize him. Gone are the wheat shock locks. His hair is black and he wears a full beard.
                        Saunders missed a game-tying free throw last night with 3.2 seconds but miraculously his team was able to stick in a buzzer beater for the win
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mqutikvkg

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X