Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mika Adams-Woods

MAW has entered the transfer portal.

If he, in fact, transfers and doesn't return (deadline to enter the portal is Thursday, though not sure it would matter for grad transfers)... thanks and best wishes to Mika!

Chad Brendel calls it "unexpected" https://twitter.com/ChadBrendel/stat...44310654009361

Comment

Good luck young man, thanks for sticking with this team and giving your all to Coach Wes.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Bandaogo time?
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Flory time?
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Chad also hinting that MAW is receiving significant NIL from a southern school.

Comment

As much as many wanted Thomas and/or James playing over MAW, I’d be concerned with guard depth without him.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                As much as many wanted Thomas and/or James playing over MAW, I’d be concerned with guard depth without him.
                Definitely concerned about guard depth now. I was a bit concerned even with him coming back.

A freshman guard and a JuCo PG is not what you want to be relying upon going into the season. Their ceiling is higher than MAW's, but their floor is also much lower.

An unreliable PG situation is not what I want going into the Big 12.

Comment

I'm going to guess that they have another pg coming in to replace MAW. Fingers crossed. Either that or CWM has confidence in DT and JJ. If the latter is the case it lends credence to the statement made a time back that MAW wasn't going to see much PT with these new recruits. The entering of the portal so late does speak volumes
                  Last edited by Rufus; 05-09-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                    I'm going to guess that they have another pg coming in to replace MAW. Fingers crossed. Either that or CWM has confidence in DT and JJ. If the latter is the case it lends credence to the statement made a time back that MAW wasn't going to see much PT with these new recruits. The entering of the portal so late does speak volumes
                    It seems like this was a surprise so I wouldn’t bank on Wes having someone lined up already at the guard position.

Comment

Screenshot of MAW instagram post https://twitter.com/williams_justin/...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

Comment

I hate seeing Mika leave. I think we're going to miss his experience.
                        Good luck young man wherever you go.

Comment

I am very sad to see him leave. He was very good guard & represented the CPAW in a very positive way. I wish him a lot of success where ever he goes.

Comment

So far I like the roster rearrangement as I am not big on sentimentality, but on what I have seen on the court. I wish all well and my hope is great success. Saying that, I hope to see the Cats have great sucess and to win big-time, big-time changes have to be made.

Comment

I know GB31 said that this was unexpected and perhaps it was, so I am definitely not trying to be arguementative but if MAW wasn't disgruntled and wasn't told that his pt. was going to be diminished and If CWM was counting on him to be a mentor to JJ and DT utilizing his experience going into the B12 then I see no reason for MAW to transfer even if the rumor about more NIL is true. It makes no sense this late in the process. Not when this transition year could be the most important of his career if a pro path is his goal. I do wish MAW huge success wherever he goes and I hope this transfer is being made with all good intentions. He did represent UC very well. But I'm still convinced that this coaching staff will have something to announce and not go into the B12 with two point guards having just one year above high school between them "generaling" the team.
                              Last edited by Rufus; 05-10-2023, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X