Ben Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Bryant

Someone expects Ben to start at Northwestern. I would hate to have that job but he should be able to get a great masters degree. Big Ten starting quarterback rankings for 2023 (msn.com)

Per ESPN, Bryant is the starter for what's left of Northwestern over in Piscataway today at noon.

Comment

Rutgers is up 17-0 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Ben got all beat up. Although he completed 20 of 35 passes, the yardage was only 169, and he threw 2 picks to go with 2 strip sacks (5 sacks total).

Comment

I know sacks count in the rushing yards but Ben averaged -2 per carry. With the early results (1 game), I would say that UC got an upgrade this year.

Comment

I am glad Butch Jones did not stay here for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by fmirzamd View Post
              I am glad Butch Jones did not stay here for too long.
              ?? Wrong thread?

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

?? Wrong thread?
                Always.......
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So glad BB’s moved on. Is it some kind of record to start for 3 different D1 programs 3 consecutive years?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    So glad BB’s moved on. Is it some kind of record to start for 3 different D1 programs 3 consecutive years?
                    If he had Evan's legs, he would be one of the best out there with the arm that he has. It is tough to play when you are on your back. See Klingler - David Klingler - Wikipedia

Comment

Emory Jones

Comment

Emory didn’t start three consecutive years though right? I think he played a little more than half the season at Az St.
                        Last edited by Bearcat93; 09-07-2023, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Emory didn’t start three consecutive years though right? I think he played a little more than half the season at Az St.
                          Only if you're including UC as his 3rd year as a starter. He started at UF in '21 and got replaced by Anthony Richardson ,who just went in the 1st rd of the draft at Pick 4 to Indy. He transferred to ASU and started in '22 and then got hurt after 7 games,I think. Now he's here and starting.

I can't remember where I saw this now but he was rated as high as a projected 1st round pick in the draft previous to getting replaced at UF. He's not a slouch QB by any means. The ASU transfer was a disaster for him. He not only got hurt but also ran into the whole Herm Edwards coaching staff violations mess.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...30/emory-jones
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yeah, Im definitely not knocking Emory, it remains to be seen how good he really is-his potential has been noted although to date he’s not been reflective of that - yet. I was more reflecting on how rare it is to start & play a full seasom for three different teams three consecutive years. I suspect BB might not make it a full year, reinforcing how rare it is.

Comment

Ben did not make it a full year last year. The defense in the B1G is a whole lot better that the AAC. I hope that his body can take the wear and tear of those meaty B1G rushers.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X