Bearcat Tales book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcat Tales book

Bearcat fans might want to obtain a copy of the book by Michael Perry, Tales from the Cincinnati Bearcats Locker Room. Essentially a lot of memories re basketball from the late 1940s up through the Cronin era. Perry was sports editor of the Enquirer. Personally, I think a lot of old timers on this forum could have done a better job, but it is still worth taking a look at it, in my view.

I went to school with Perry's wife.

There are 2 editions of this book, one from the Huggins era and then a 2nd edition updated with Cronin.

There are a few other Bearcat related books out there. Bearcats RIsing from Josh Katzowitz of the Cincy Post - about the rise of UC to the BCS bowls. He also has a book on Sid Gillman which is not UC specific but still a good read on football.

There's also a couple of books recently by the Enquirer re: 2008 and the CFP season

I found one on Amazon that I had forgotten about from former UC PR flack Greg Hand called Bearcats! The Story of Basketball at the University of Cincinnati.

There's also the Art of Basketball by Oscar and his autobiography, The Big O (***Amazon hint: Search for Oscar Robertson and not Big O, especially on your work computer)

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X