• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Centers the Bearcats Should Target

https://www.si.com/college/cincinnat...ransfer-portal

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      No mention of UC (yet) but this is a guy staff should look at.

BREAKING: OVC player of the year and Murray State star big man Kj Williams has entered the transfer portal. The 6’10” senior led the top 25 Racers in scoring, and averaged 18 points, and 8.4 rebounds. One of the best players currently in the portal.

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/s...mx4EGtXNz393Lw
      KJ Williams tells ESPN he's focused on the NBA draft process first and will worry about recruitment later

Comment

• Mardrez McBride, a senior transfer from North Texas, talks UC and a few others. 11.3 ppg w good outside shooting numbers. 6’2 guard. From August, GA and led CUSA in three point % during conference play. WVU, Georgia, Penn State, Buffalo are the others mentioned. https://247sports.com/college/cincin...ide-185396001/

Cincinnati: “They need someone to come in and play right away and do different things on the offensive and defensive end. I feel like I could thrive over there and the coach I've been talking to over there is a pretty cool guy. It's something to think about for sure.”
        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-29-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Wright State's Tanner Holden to the portal. The 6'6 junior is from Wheelersburg, OH (southern OH near Portsmouth) and averaged 20.1 / 7.1 / 2.6 this year. Scored 37 versus Bryant in the 16/16 First Four tournament game earlier this month. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../tanner-holden
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-29-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Cant wait to begin hearing about some that's exiting the portal. Would be nice to have some of these kids begin making decisions.

Comment

• Manny Bates 6'11 C out of NC State is headed to the portal shortly.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                Cant wait to begin hearing about some that's exiting the portal. Would be nice to have some of these kids begin making decisions.
                I'm surprised miller and staff havent made more of a push for some of these highly rated freshman that have de committed from some schools recently, that's purely speculation on my part but would of been nice to try for a sky clark or big that is no longer held to his letter of intent. Maybe they did and realized they were not going to get anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

I'm surprised miller and staff havent made more of a push for some of these highly rated freshman that have de committed from some schools recently, that's purely speculation on my part but would of been nice to try for a sky clark or big that is no longer held to his letter of intent. Maybe they did and realized they were not going to get anyone.
                  How do we know they haven't. Miller & staff are smartly being very quiet. Chad Brendel at BCJ knows basically where they're aiming, but he's not talking. If he would speak up publicly, Miller would cut him off, something that no reporter wants.
                  Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-29-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post

There are not a bunch of highly recruited big kids right now who have decommitted from what i've seen. That said, he needs big kid who can step in an play immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      Cant wait to begin hearing about some that's exiting the portal. Would be nice to have some of these kids begin making decisions.
                      I agree Rufus, this process is just one big tease and this list is no better than listing all the high school kids we offered and drooling over the prospects without any clue if the interest is mutual. I am trying to check the posts less often to help my blood pressure.

One thought to throw out there - EVERY team in America averages 60 points minimum per game. Therefore they ALL have to have a guy who scores 15-20 points per game and somebody who gets 10 rebounds per game. Statistics tell us very little about the quality of the player or the opposition. **** I used to average 15 points a game for my rec team - doesn't mean I was any good or that we lost every game by 25, just means I was probably the best scorer on a crappy team. Need to take these stats with a grain of salt unless we have first hand experience with the player.

Comment

• Were not privy to each and every recruit that's being pursued by CWM and staff, nor to what extent or how hard each one is being sought. My point being in above post is that all these kids are looking for greener pastures in entering the portal but very few up to this point in time has made a decision. Its like everybody is waiting to make a decision on their new school.

Comment

• Unlike the normal recruiting periods with signing dates, this process is about teams filling holes created by transfers for the most part. It seems that these guys have very little sense of urgency which is a risk because the portal outnumbers the available slots. Additionally, the teams have an even greater sense of urgency and if someone that meets the criteria is willing to commit, you close and move on. You only hope that a better prospect doesn 't show interest once its too late. I hate this whole process and its ruining college basketball.

Comment

• Cue the Memphis exodus. Timberlake and Ayomide are in the portal . I think both were top 100 guys
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Sam McNeil, a senior guard at West Virginia (12.2 ppg) and Union, KY native into the portal. Not sure he makes sense at UC if he's looking to start, but worth a look at a local. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...06/sean-mcneil

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/s...dgClvQyQQdhSww

Apparently lots of interest, claims to have heard from

Nebraska
                              TCU
                              ASU
                              Clemson
                              Florida
                              Pitt
                              Iowa State
                              Texas
                              Texas Tech
                              Oklahoma State
                              Creighton
                              Ohio State
                              Virginia
                              Cincinnati
                              Maryland
                              Louisville
                              Indiana
                              Wake Forest
                              South Carolina
                              Kansas State
                              Richmond

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                                . I hate this whole process and its ruining college basketball.
                                I agree and second that RedDog!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X