No announcement yet.

2022 Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have said since the one and done days began, I believe that I would prefer 4-year players that grow, mature, become good players. It is part of being a fan to attach oneself to our Bearcat players and watch them. One and done leave and leave without leaving a mark. The transfer portal just put the one and done on steroids. If you don't play, transfer. It is a lot easier than working hard, improving your game, sticking it out until it is your turn. Enough rambling. A history lesson to the younger guys, Huggs used to get criticized for going the Juco route until he proved it would work. Once proven, other coaches started going after the Jucos. Until there were no more Jucos. Good night all.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      I have said since the one and done days began, I believe that I would prefer 4-year players that grow, mature, become good players. It is part of being a fan to attach oneself to our Bearcat players and watch them. One and done leave and leave without leaving a mark. The transfer portal just put the one and done on steroids. If you don't play, transfer. It is a lot easier than working hard, improving your game, sticking it out until it is your turn. Enough rambling. A history lesson to the younger guys, Huggs used to get criticized for going the Juco route until he proved it would work. Once proven, other coaches started going after the Jucos. Until there were no more Jucos. Good night all.
      I am with you 100% on this.
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1507015096949563412
        Kentucky sophomore Dontaie Allen announces he’s entering the transfer portal. Averaged 5.4 points in 22 games as a freshman, shot nearly 40% from 3. Appeared in 19 games this season.

Not sure if he's any good. From Falmouth, KY which looks not terribly far from Cincinnati. Former 4-star 2019 recruit. 6'6.

Comment

Dontaie Allen would be a great get, he can shoot. Didnt get a whole lot of minutes at kentucky, reminds me a little of johnny juzang..

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Plenty of guys continue to hit the portal, but haven't seen a ton of notable names

Sam Griffin, who averaged double figures at Tulsa this season, is in the portal https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...94/sam-griffin
            Griffin staying at Tulsa

Comment

LSU guard Brandon Murray transferring, big bodied guard averaged 10 pts a game, think he was a freshman this year. Former 4 star prospect.

Comment

Michael Durr, a 7-footer from Atlanta, in the portal. Was the back up center at Indiana and didn't play much, but he did average 8.8 and 7.9 as a junior at USF two seasons ago. He wasn't very good at IU, but with one year of eligibility and previous "success" in the AAC, perhaps the staff (and it's connections in the south) would consider.

Comment

Perhaps if there is a good news side of the portal it would be that coach's such as Calipari who love to load their rosters up with 4 and 5 star recruits and cant get five to gel will make recruits think longer and harder about going to these "elite" type of schools. If my chances of playing are slim to none going to a Duke or a UK, and not making any bank in my NIL, I think I'd be more careful on my original choice. Here's hoping this portal scenario evens things up after its been in use for awhile and no longer a novelty.
                  Last edited by Rufus; 03-24-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Jaelin Lewellyn one of the best in the portal.
                    UC Interested in Transfer Guard Jaelin Llewellyn - All Bearcats (si.com)

Comment

Xavier Pinson (LSU via Missouri) in the portal, has a year to go. Pretty talented guard.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-24-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Michael Durr , the ex USF and Indiana 7 footer is available as a grad transfer
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jack Pilgrim of Kentucky Sports Radio:

Louisville, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, Virginia, Cincinnati, Xavier, NKU and Western Kentucky are among the early schools to express interest in Kentucky transfer Dontaie Allen, source tells KSR

@336edits:

Old Dominion transfer Kalu Ezikpe, has heard from Butler, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and Cincinnati since entering the portal he tells 336Edits. Ezikpe averaged 11.3 points and 7.1 rebounds this past season.
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-25-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox19bearcatbounce View Post
                            LSU guard Brandon Murray transferring, big bodied guard averaged 10 pts a game, think he was a freshman this year. Former 4 star prospect.
                            Lot of chatter the Lsu kids may follow the Wade assistant who is evidently going to join Georgetown's staff. Who knows, short term fix for Ewing's issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Xavier Pinson .
                              Nope - you know the rules!

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Lot of chatter the Lsu kids may follow the Wade assistant who is evidently going to join Georgetown's staff. Who knows, short term fix for Ewing's issues.

Can someone whose pay grade is far above that of mine explain to me how this would be considered as "fair" or balanced. To have in essence an entire team (2 or more players) from the same team transfer / follow a coach / coach's wholesale, so to speak, to another and same school? I would think that tampering, or i.e.. scheming deliberate planning and implementation is definitely involved! If there is any way possible for despicable people to abuse the system for nefarious ways they are sure going to do it. Someone else in another thread has already said it but its bears repeating, these new changes ( transfer portal and NIL ) are going to change college athletics and its not for the better.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X